Drive Wire for August 15th, 2016: Jeremy Clarkson’s Favorite Cars
Jezza gives us his top 10 picks of the last year.
Today on Drive Wire, Jeremy Clarkson announced the top 10 best cars he's driven in the past year or so. His criteria for inclusion was fairly simple: a car “must make your spine tingle, your eyes pop and your heart race.” So what fits Jezza’s bill?
First up, the Mazda MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro. Clarkson says the Miata “attack bunny has hearts thumping,” and despite a 0-60 time of 7.3 seconds, Clarkson says it’ll blow the blues away. The Mercedes-AMG GT S also made the cut, with Clarkson calling the raw beast “Merc’s Mustang,” and a modern-day muscle car. There’s also an actual Ford Mustang included, the Fastback 5.0 V8 GT, the first pony car to reach England’s shores. Clarkson says it’s time to believe the hype and that it’s the perfect mix of iron, wood and childhood dreams.
Rounding out the list are, BMW’s M2, which takes the honor of being Clarkson’s favorite M car, the Alfa Romeo 4C, the tire-eating Ford Focus RS, the Volvo XC90 D5, the Vauxhall Zafira Tourer 1.6 CDTi, and the two top dogs: the Ferrari 488 GTB and the Lamborghini Aventador. What do you think of Clarkson’s list? Let us know in the comments below.
- RELATEDTop Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson Apologizes for Punching Producer in the FaceNothing says “sorry” like $140,000.READ NOW
- RELATEDClarkson, Hammond and May's New Amazon Show Finally Has a NameAmazon announces name (and details) for the ex-Top Gear hosts' new project.READ NOW
- RELATEDWalter Cronkite Was the Original Jeremy ClarksonThey called him “The Speeding Moustache.” Or, they should have.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy Can't Jeremy Clarkson Name His New Show?Our vote remains, as ever, with “Skid Marks.”READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Drive 100: The Best Celebrity Car Moments of 2015If you didn’t know, now you know.READ NOW