Watch A Red Bull F1 Car Race A Superbike At Silverstone
Very rarely does a modern Formula One car get to go head to head against a completely different racing beast on a track.
Formula One cars are insanely fast. Sometimes, it's hard to really put that speed in to perspective when watching a Formula One race. It's only when you put one of these cars up against something else widely known as being a bullet, like a Superbike, do you start to grasp the power and speed of the Formula One car.
In this video, former Red Bull driver David Coulthard goes head to head against his "man crush" (Coulthard's words, not mine) Guy Martin. Coulthard drives the 2012 Red Bull RB8, while Martin drives his Tyco BMW Superbike. This clip is part of the Speed with Guy Martin's F1 Special. Coulthard and Martin competed in a series of performance challenges with their obscenely fast machines. They cover acceleration, braking, and a slalom course, pitting Superbike against F1 car. But the only real way to see which is faster is with a race.
The final challenge is a race around the Silverstone Formula One circuit. Of course, there is a twist. Martin has to do three laps on his Superbike. To win, Coulthard has to do four laps in the Red Bull RB8. That's an extra 3.66 miles that Coulthard has to cover. To do it, he'll have to pass Martin at least once.
I won't tell you who wins, you'll just have to watch.
- RELATEDWhen a Porsche 911 Turbo S Races a French Military Helicopter, Who Wins?Well, besides the people lucky enough to be piloting a Porsche 911 Turbo S and a military helicopter.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Superbike Legend Flog (and Dump) a Priceless Vintage BMWWhat can you do with an impossibly rare prewar motorcycle in the rain? Put on one hell of a show, apparently.READ NOW
- RELATEDKawasaki H2 vs. Lamborghini Huracán vs. McLaren MP4-12CNovelty Ninja runs exotics in a good ol’ fashion superbike-supercar drag race.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Challenger Hellcat Vs. AWD Challenger GT Race Ends Predictably, Still EntertainingHaving two extra wheels laying down the power doesn't mean as much when your opponent has way more ponies.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch How Badly This Formula One Car Out-Brakes a BMW M3I'd be surprised if these didn't leave a seat belt-shaped bruise across your chest.READ NOW