Watch $6 Million Worth of Bugattis Scrape Their Chins on the Same Hotel Curb
Ouch and ouch.
As our editor Mike Guy discovered in his revelatory test drive, the 2018 Bugatti Chiron excels at just about every aspect of its existence. It's an apex predator, a rolling work of art, and an endless font of pure power. What it's not, however, is an ace curb climber, and neither was the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport for that matter.
A video uploaded by G-E Supercars on YouTube shows the brothers Bugatti both scraping their front splitters as they try to exit the same hotel driveway in Cannes, France. The first clip shows the Veyron Super Sport making a go of it at night, and though you can see and hear the bodywork clip the pavement, it's possible the owner got away with barely a scratch.
The driver of the Bugatti Chiron isn't quite as lucky. He's leaving in the middle of the day, and a crowd of onlookers have gathered to gawk at the $3 million hypercar. It's worth noting that the Chiron has a front lift system for precisely this kind of situation, but it's either not activated or the angle was just too steep, causing him to drag the splitter on the ground.
While it's a little painful to hear, the Chiron's annoyed-looking face also adds a touch of slapstick humor. And something tells us the driver had the exact same expression.
- RELATED2018 Bugatti Chiron Review: The Next Stage in Automotive RocketryThe $3 million, 1,500-horsepower Chiron forces the brain to reconsider the meaning of speed.READ NOW
- RELATEDFirst Bugatti Chiron in the US Delivered to Owner at Pebble BeachWe couldn't think of a more fitting location to deliver a $3 million supercar.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 1,479-Horsepower Bugatti Chiron's Dismal Fuel Economy Figures Released By The EPATurns out, all that power and record-beating top speeds call for quite a bit of time at the pumps.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 1,479-HP Bugatti Chiron Could Hit 280 MPH… If the Tires Can Keep UpThe question becomes—is 300 mph on the horizon?READ NOW
- RELATEDNational Geographic Reveals How the Bugatti Chiron is BuiltGo behind the scenes and see all the bonkers design work and engineering that has to happen to make the fastest production car in the world.READ NOW