Listen to a $10 Million Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale Roar to Life
This rare Alfa is out in the sun for the day, but no one seems to notice.
The Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale is Alfa's magnum opus, taking styling cues from the Le Mans-dominating Ferrari 330 P4. Although the 33 Stradale's two-liter V-8 only makes about 230 horsepower, it revs to a staggering 10,000 RPM and can hit 160 miles per hour. Only 18 cars were built between 1967 and 1969 so one would be hard pressed to find a running example that's not tucked away in a museum, let alone driving around... in Michigan.
Car photographer John Keep managed to do just that, spotting the rare Alfa at Concours d'Elegance in Plymouth, Michigan. We not only get to see the well-maintained 33 Stradale on display but get to listen to it drive around the Concours grounds, an experience few will ever get to enjoy. According to the uploader, the owner paid more than $10,000,000 for this immaculate example, although the rest of the show-goers don't seem to notice as it attracts way less attention than it deserves. We're assuming that it has something to do with the Alfa's size; you know your car is small when it's dwarfed by a bloody golf cart.
Now turn up those speakers and listen to this car rev like nobody's around to hear it.
- RELATEDDiscover Alfa Romeo's Greatest Hits With This VideoThis is one that a true Alfisti will enjoy.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Ferrari Collection Could Be Yours for Just Under $20 MillionThirteen rare Ferraris are up for grabs.READ NOW
- RELATEDMatt Farah Drives Petrolicious's 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV in Latest 'One Take'The Smoking Tire host drives a classic Italian sports coupe to give us a taste of the ultimate Alfa lifestyle.READ NOW
- RELATEDTouring Superleggera’s Disco Volante Spyder Proves Coach-Building Isn’t DeadA re-bodied Alfa Romeo, with extra helpings of bespoke.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to the Glory to a Bunch of Supercars Leaving Cars & Coffee in ItalyOh, it's a Ferrari F40... and a Bugatti EB110 GT... and a Lamborghini Diablo SV... and look, a Fiat Panda!READ NOW