Watch This Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Volante and Speedster run on the Nurburgring
You know you've made it when you can risk this kind of car on the Green Hell.
When you think of bringing a car to the Nurburgring, a rare, luxurious, 7-figure grand tourer probably isn't the first vehicle that comes to mind. If you're an Aston Martin enthusiast, you don't mind spending the money for a million-dollar Aston to bring to the 'Ring, but a smart driver would probably spend the extra cash and buy a Vulcan for his or her track needs. The Aston Martin DB11 already has some time under its belt on the Green Hell, but what about the Vanquish Zagato? The new Zagato Volante and Speedster have been spied testing on the Nurburgring, proving that there's still a purebred super car under all of that beautiful bodywork.
Nurburgring-centered Youtube channel BridgeToGantry posted a video Monday that showed two pre-production 2018 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagatos roaring around the Nurburgring.
According to Autocar, this Zagato Speedster is one of just 28 roofless Vanquish Zagatos, while the soft-top Volante will be limited to 99 units. The rarity of the Speedster means it will cost £1.3 million, with the Volante receiving a much more affordable £500,000 price tag. The Zagato Speedster's high price comes from the weight lost by removing a roof altogether, meaning the car will be quicker off the line than the Zagato Volante and can rocket up to 197 miles-per-hour.
While we only get to see how the "slower" Volante actually handles around the track, it's safe to assume that the Speedster will be just as fast and sound just as good, thanks to the 5.9-liter V-12 it shares with the Vanquish Zagato Coupe.
- RELATEDHere's $83 Million Worth of Aston Martins Drifting and Doing DonutsBest. Welcoming party. Ever.READ NOW
- RELATEDBillionaire Roman Abramovich Brings Supercars Worth $11.3 Million to NurburgringThe private session featured a Ferrari FXX, a Pagani Zonda R, an Aston Martin Vulcan and many more.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Aston Martin DB11 Blasts From the PastInterior bobbles aside, the DB11 preps Aston Martin for an unprecedented streak of modern cars.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the 505-HP Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Go Around the NurburgringJust listen to its grunt.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Privateer Dodge Viper ACR Hit the Nurburgring Ahead of a Lap Record AttemptBetween sponsors and crowdfunding, they intend to send the discontinued Viper off with a bang.READ NOW