Watch a NASCAR Crash at Goodwood Festival of Speed
Incoming jokes about NASCARs only being able to turn left.
This year's Goodwood Festival of Speed has been quite a hit, from the introduction of the drift competition to McLaren's LEGO 720S. This homage to vintage British racing usually produces some quality entertainment, and if you aren't interested in the scores of million-dollar hyper cars, countless production car reveals, and rally stages, the crashes always generate some laughs—and tears. Every year, Lord March invites a diverse group of vehicles to take part, so seeing a car completely out of its element try to tackle the infamous hill climb is always great. Watch as a NASCAR tries and fails to make the climb in Goodwood's latest video.
This video uploaded by Goodwood's Youtube channel shows a Chevrolet NASCAR piloted by Ed Berrier understeer through a right turn and slam into a hay wall at relative speed. As the commentators state, it looks like the crash was due to a part failure of some sort. We can see that the left tires are spinning correctly, so it most likely had to a suspension or brake piece in one of the right tires that caused the car to understeer. There's no angle of the right side of the car, but it looks like one of the wheels wasn't spinning either, so it definitely was a car screw up and not driver error.
That means you can keep your hilarious and original "NASCARs can't make right turns" jokes to yourselves, folks.
- RELATEDWatch the Porsche 911 GT2 RS's Awkward Donut Fail At GoodwoodWho left the traction control on?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Pat Doran Crash a Ford RS200 Evo 2 Rally Car at the Goodwood Festival of SpeedWould've been a sweet drift if he held it, though.READ NOW
- RELATEDFour Spectators Hurt When Car Flies Off Track at NASCAR Mexico RaceThe small track is "dangerous for everyone," according to driver Santiago Tovar.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Mad Mike Drift His 4-Rotor MX-5 at GoodwoodThe wild Kiwi marks its territory with a pair of longs black streaks left on the road.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This 1,000-HP Red Bull Rally Truck Blast Up the Goodwood HillclimbNothing like watching 10 tons of metal show physics who's boss.READ NOW