F-250 MegaRaptor Puts Other Off-Roaders Out to Pasture
Just when you thought the typical Raptor was off the charts.
Ford has proven its know-how with the latest rendition of the F-150 Raptor. Trick technologies make it faster than pretty much everything else offroad, and it does all of that while maintaining what we've always loved about the standard F-150. While the current generation Raptor is probably enough for most, the crew at F250R.com feel otherwise. To show their ideal baja monster, they've taken an F-250 Super Duty and fitted it with all of the body work and underpinnings to upgrade it to what you see here -- the MegaRaptor.
This truck is effectively more than a hotted-up 3/4 ton. Instead, it's been equipped with military-grade kit that makes it even more capable than the OEM Raptor released by Ford.
F250R developed this machine with looks to kill thanks to widened fenders and enormous 46-inch Michelin XZL tires. In order to fit these rollers, the truck's hubs had to be swapped from the standard 8-lug pattern to a heavy duty 10-lug unit. They measure out to 395/85R20, crawling over otherwise unconquerable terrain. The MegaRaptor utilizes a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks and matched front coilovers while riding on a 4-inch lift, rounding out the capable suspension.
Its front fascia shares a close resemblance with the existing Raptor, making the angle particularly tough. The hood opens up via a clamshell mechanism, adding plenty of panache to the MegaRaptor's design.
The tried-and-true 6.7L Powerstroke diesel engine is enough to plunge the truck through whatever you want to given its massive torque output. F250R claims that its been fitted with an aftermarket exhaust that supposedly boosted power by 140 HP and 250 lb. ft. of torque. Luckily, the MegaRaptor remains 50-state emissions legal. 4.88 gears help the truck to climb through tough terrain without any trouble as well.
It comes fitted with heavy duty front and rear bumpers as well as a rear spare tire carrier. Offroad lighting adorns the exterior and helps to illuminate you path at night, making it an all around tool for trail grappling. AMP Research steps are also standard, giving you a boost to the significantly lifted cab.
Expect to pay at least $28,000 for the MegaRaptor kit in addition to the cost of a donor vehicle. This allows you to spec your truck however you'd like, and then have F250R give it the full treatment.
- RELATEDTurbo Chevy Silverado Vs. Ford F150 SVT Lightning: Who Ya Got?All the fancy staging tricks in the world will only take you so far.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Ken Block Do a Huge Burnout in His New Ford F-150 RaptorIt was "awesome," according to Block's kids.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord Releases VR Video of 2017 F-150 Raptor Racing in the Baja 1000Get a 360-degree look at the grueling conditions Ford Performance put the EcoBoost F-150 Raptor through.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Ken Block Abuse a 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor in the DesertThe Gymkhana master and rally expert took Ford's off-road monster to the sand dunes for some fun.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Ford F-150 Raptor Is the Perfect TruckIf you can afford it.READ NOW