Wanted: 1983 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Koenig Factory Widebody
Team Anime is offering a $5,000 finders fee for the car, which is one of 12 made.
Michael Morrow of Gumball 3000 Team Anime is on the hunt for a car from his past—the one that made him fall in love with Ferrari. It was a family relic that was sold off long ago with few pictures remaining, making it a real challenge to find today. The Ferrari 308 GTS Quattrovalvole in question is just one of twelve with a factory Koenig widebody kit, adding to its unique history. Morrow is offering a $5,000 finders fee for the car and wants to add it back to his collection in order to harken back to his first days as a car nut.
The car was originally purchased by Houston Oilers great Earl Campbell during his golden years. Upon delivery, Campbell realized that he was too big to fit in it, making for a real probem—enter Morrow's father. He then offered to buy the car from Campbell with cold hard cash which resulted in him taking it home the same day. Morrow claims "he loved shocking people", and the decision to buy the car did exactly that.
It remained in the family for awhile, giving the founder of Team Anime plenty of memories throughout his childhood. It's said to be one of "maybe two" examples with a black/tan color scheme, furthering its rarity and significance. The car pictured above should give you a good idea what it looks like, though it's not the exact model Morrow is looking for. The Facebook post embedded here is one of the few pictures left of the actual car.
Although there isn't much photo evidence to go off of, Michael strongly remembers the car's specifics. He can be contacted on the Team Anime Facebook page, so if you have any tips or sightings of the 308, make sure to get a hold of him and let him know!
- RELATEDThis Ferrari 308 GTB Is Driven Daily on the Streets of ThailandBangkok makes a surprisingly good habitat for this Italian driver.READ NOW
- RELATEDNigel's Flyer, The V-12 Swapped Ferrari 308, Is Up For AuctionThis 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV wasn't quick enough for the original owner, so the owner crammed a V-12 into it.READ NOW
- RELATEDChannel Magnum PI With This 1980 Ferrari 308 GTSiToday on Bring a Trailer.READ NOW
- RELATEDAn Insider’s Look at the Coolest Group B Ferrari 308 GTB Ever MadeIt's right-hand drive, it's Ferrari, it's strange and beautiful.READ NOW
- RELATEDHop In a Time Machine and Build a Ferrari 308Bam! Whiz! Laser show! Ferrari. 1985.READ NOW