New Hyundai Elantra Can Be Packed With an Arsenal of Technology
The 2018 Elantra can be had with most of your favorite premium tech features.
Top-tier performance cars have been charging more for less as long as we can remember. Specifically, the cars that weigh less than a Honda Civic and cost more than a house. In the economy car world, this tactic just doesn't work. Hyundai wants to prove that you can pay less and get more with the latest model of its Elantra. The stylish midsize sedan boasts a handful of new features for the 2018 model year, rivaling those of the upcoming refreshed Sonata sedan. Unfortunately, it won't get the same exterior makeover that the Sonata is getting, but it's what's on the inside that counts.
There's an extensive list of all of the new features that come with the new 2018 Elantra as standard, according to a press release from the automaker posted Thursday. As for safety tech, the Elantra now comes standard with blind spot detection and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
The Elantra SEL can be had with the optional Popular Equipment Package. This package will include even more safety features, rear-view camera, bigger brakes, and other creature comforts. It will also include an upgraded infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, plus six premium speakers.
Hyundai has sold more than 2.9 million Elantras in the United States since the car's debut.
- RELATEDHyundai Unveils the Kona Compact SUVHyundai has revealed everything you need to know about its sporty new crossover.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Debuts at Chicago Auto ShowWatch out, Volkswagen, Ford, and Mazda. Hyundai's new hot hatch is coming for you.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Hyundai Elantra Sport and Matt LeBlanc’s New Focus RS: The Evening RushPlus, huge discounts on Marmot jackets and waterproof backpacks from Overboard.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to the Hyundai i30 N Rev, Crackle, and PopHow does Hyundai's upcoming hot hatch sound?READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Gets New Packages and FeaturesHyundai's fashionable crossover will get some sporty options for the 2018 model year.READ NOW