When a Porsche 911 Turbo S Races a French Military Helicopter, Who Wins?
Well, besides the people lucky enough to be piloting a Porsche 911 Turbo S and a military helicopter.
By now, we're all pretty well familiar with the explosive accelerative prowess of the 991-generation Porsche 911 Turbo and Turbo S. Thanks to a combination of a 560-horsepower twin-turbo flat-six engine, a rapid-fire dual clutch transmission, an all-wheel-drive system feeding power to four wheels clad in giant, sticky rubber, and a pinch of Swabian witchcraft, the current 911 Turbo S can launch itself from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 2.6 seconds—which is as fast or faster than pretty much any car not named after a Serbian electrician.
But what about a helicopter?
Not some piddly little chopper like the Bell 206, either. No, how would the Porsche 911 Turbo S stack up in a drag race against the likes of a badass military flying machine?
Well, the lucky bastards at France's Automoto had the chance to find out. In a video released on YouTube on Monday, they pitted the Turbo S against two of the French army's best choppers: the NHIndustries NH90 transport helicopter, and the Eurocopter Tiger attack bird.
How did the Porsche fare against the mil-spec hardware? Well, you'll just have to watch and see. (If you're too impatient to sit through all the French chatter, the two races happen at 1:45 and 2:50.)
- RELATEDPorsche 911 GT3 RS Vs. 911 Turbo S at Anglesey Circuit—Which Comes Out Ahead?Which Porsche is fastest around a track, turbocharged and AWD or naturally aspirated and RWD?READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Porsche 911 Turbo S Is the Powered Exoskeleton Drivers Need NowThe “Iron Man Suit” sports car gets even more heroic for 2017.READ NOW
- RELATEDWait, BMW Beat Ferrari and Aston Martin As the "Most Seductive Car" in France?It seems the French prefer plebeian German luxury cars to speedy supercars when it comes to vehicular seduction.READ NOW
- RELATEDIn Kazakhstan, Helicopter Gunship Pilots Ask Truckers For DirectionsI guess this is what you do when your mark one pilotage is broken.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch An Idiot In Pickup Get Saved By USCG HelicopterThere is getting a close up view of some serious wave action, and then there is driving right into it.READ NOW