Hennessey Makes a 800-HP GT350 and a Seattle Company Is Offering Teslas As a Perk: The Evening Rush
Plus, Caffeine and Carburetors takes over New Canaan, CT this weekend.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
According to reports, Seattle-based Axon is offering certain new candidates and existing employees Tesla Model 3s—if they meet certain requirements. Although this seems like a pretty sweet deal, you have to remember the Model 3 is not slated to come out until 2017...and even then, there's a waitlist roughly 400,000 people long.
A new Honda Civic Si is slated to debut at the 2016 Los Angeles Auto Show. We don’t know any power numbers for the Si yet, but you can expect it to make more ponies than the 180 horsepower coming from the 1.5-liter inline-four in the regular Civic. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the new Si on November 14.
If the Mustang GT350 wasn’t insane enough for you, Texas-based Hennessey Performance is willing to boost it up to more than 800 hp with the help of a 2.9-liter supercharger. With all that added power, the modified Mustang is able to blast from 0 to 60 miles per hour in just 3.3 seconds and run the quarter mile at 10.8.
With winter upon us again, we once more need to figure put how to use our smartphones outside without freezing our fingers off. Don’t have to let your hands fall to the fierce bite of Mother Nature; Mujjo Touchscreen Gloves come in a variety of different styles, and will keep your hands toasty without forcing you to drop your iPhone into your pocket.
Have you ever wondered what neat tricks federal agents learn to protect themselves and the ones around them? Well, stop wondering and pick up this new book, Spy Secrets That Can Save Your Life. It's by a former CIA agent, and it breaks down how to protect yourself and your family in the face of possible threats.
Although the summer has ended, that doesn’t mean you can’t stock up for next season. Steep & Cheap currently has Patagonia baggie shorts on sale for 45 percent off. These iconic shorts have been around forever, and will happily withstand any shenanigans you get into while wearing them.
This Sunday, Caffeine and Carburetors takes over New Canaan, CT from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. With hundreds of exotics, classics, and just plain cool vehicles, this event is perfect for the whole family—and a great opportunity to meet other gearheads like yourself.
- RELATED11 Highs and Lows in Mark Webber’s Fantastic Racing CareerA few of the many things we love about @AussieGrit.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs the McLaren 12C the Supercar Bargain of 2016?Six years after hitting the scene, the mid-engined Macca has become a steal.READ NOW
- RELATEDCarmakers Sometimes Build Strange Things – Here's One of the StrangestSome good ideas get relegated to the dustbin of history. Pontiac's "rope drive" Trophy 4 is one of them.READ NOW
- RELATEDSeth Meyers Visits Ash Carter At The Pentagon, Finds Bin Laden’s Pog CollectionAshton Carter is all about getting bright young minds on the Pentagon’s side – this appearance with the Late Night host is aimed at helping it happen.READ NOW
- RELATEDDesign: Bultaco Brinco Electric BikesBecause sometimes you need a little extra push.READ NOW