Land Rover Reveals the New Discovery and the Next Ford Mustang Spied: The Evening Rush
Plus, a coffee table made of reclaimed wood, and I Am Art NYC visits The Drive.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
The 2018 Land Rover Discovery is a new model replacing the previous Discovery/LR4—and tit's rounding off a few of the old model's rough edges. With design cues similar to the current Discovery Sport, the new model will offer seven seats, 88.3 cubic-feet of cargo room, and a 340-horsepower, 3.0-liter supercharged V-6. Expect to see this puppy in suburbia before long.
Good news for Mustang lovers: Spy shots of the 2018 Ford Mustang have hit the web. Although the updates will reportedly only amount to a facelift, you can expect minor grill tweaks and other features. The Mustang is expected to maintain the same engine choices as the current model...though a twin-turbo V-8-powered Shelby GT500 may show up at some point.
FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne has announced that he will not be attending the Paris Motor Show this week. Marchionne was scheduled to speak to the press at the event; however, he reportedly has decided to skip the shindig entire. Here's hoping he's all right.
I'll be the first to admit that reclaimed wood furniture is a little overplayed, but that's not stopping me from drooling over this English Beam Square Coffee Table. Made of old support beams, this stout coffee table should withstand the test of time—and look amazing in any environment.
TOPO Designs has always done a nice job of making simple bags pop in all the right ways. This continues with the Mountain Briefcase, a rugged rendition of the traditional commuter bag. Unlike some leather ones of late, this bag can withstand spills, weather, or whatever else your daily commute throws at it.
As the evenings turn colder, you want to start thinking about light layers for your workouts. While you may start off chilly, most workouts wind up turning you into an overheated ball of sweat. With that in mind, it's best to purchase a pullover that will keep you warm, but can still breathe when you need it to. Lululemon has done just that with their Surge Warm ½ Zip.
If you live in the Tri-State area, swing by Industry City this weekend for the I Am Art NYC exhibit. We will be showcasing beautiful artwork—as well as some very special Ferraris...
- RELATEDThe Dodge Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker Isn't Here to Make FriendsBut that doesn't mean it won't make you very, very happy.READ NOW
- RELATEDKeanu Reeves’s Custom Arch Motorcycles Are V-Twin HeavenTo make them better, Reeves kindly breaks the bikes during testing.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 8 Best Mopar-Centric Episodes of Mike Musto's Big Muscle, RankedClassic American muscle cars doing massive burnouts never gets old.READ NOW
- RELATEDMercedes-Benz Confirms AMG Building a Formula One-Powered HypercarExpect around 1,000 horsepower and some seriously aggressive styling.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Genesis G90 Lowballs Mercedes-Benz, Tweaks LexusThe new flagship from the luxury artist formerly known as Hyundai.READ NOW