This Acura TL Type-S Was a Sneeze Away From Plunging Off a Bridge
Linden Police posted these incredible pictures on the department's Facebook page.
One driver in an Acura TL Type-S in New Jersey had an extremely close call when his car landed on top of a highway barrier and managed to balance itself over a ledge Saturday.
Miguel Vargas, 34, was allegedly driving the Acura when the incident occurred, according to NJ.com. Authorities said Vargas and a passenger exited the car without issue and fled the scene following the crash.
Vargas was later found by police and charged with failure to report an accident, leaving the scene of an accident, and careless driving, according to NJ.com.
The exact cause of the accident is unclear, but as you can see, the driver of this Acura TL Type-S was just a sneeze away from serious injury or death. From the positioning of the car and wet road conditions, it wouldn't be ridiculous to think the driver lost control and hit the curb fast enough to hop up onto the wall. Fortunately the fence caught the car enough to prevent a direct plunge to I-278.
Have you ever had a close call like this? If so, tell your story in the comments below
- RELATEDWatch the Acura NSX Ruin a Perfectly Good Set of TiresApparently, this Acura runs on Dunkin'.READ NOW
- RELATEDMinnesota Tesla Crash Driver Retracts Autopilot BlameThe black box would speak the truth if the driver didn't.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Rolls-Royce Ghost Police Car Would Be the Best Ride to JailGoing to jail doesn't have to be so bad.READ NOW
- RELATEDArchives Document the First Police Chase in St. LouisThe first pursuit reached a 'somewhat dizzying' top speed of 28 miles per hour and resulted in a fine of $50.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW Police Car Explodes into Flames for Unknown ReasonAnd to think you're embarrassed to tell your supervisor about your broken radio.READ NOW