The Evening Rush for Feb. 24, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Mercedes-Benz is releasing the Mercedes-AMG C63’s more docile brother, the Mercedes-AMG C43, into the mix. The C43 was originally badged the Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG, but since Mercedes has killed that naming style we have ourselves a new model. Still, there are some minor differences between the two, one being a nine-speed transmission and the other being the addition of a two percent rear bias. With these minor tweaks you can expect to see the C43 launch to 60mph in a respectable 4.7 seconds.
Most of us have seen pictures of the Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo and thought, “Well, that thing looks terrifying.” Fortunately, we now have audio of the beast and yes, it’s definitely terrifying. Although this vehicle is a one-off, a lot of the styling will be used for the Bugatti Chiron.
Ducati has just released their MotoGP competition bike and this baby is demonic. The Ducati Desmosedici GP is a 346.1lb bike with an estimated 245 horsepower. For those of you who aren’t good at math, that is an astonishing 1.4 pound per horsepower! Expect to see this beast at the beginning of the MotoGP season in Qatar on March 20th.
Looking to travel the country in style? Forget everything you know about planes and trains because a Pendleton edition Airstream trailer is the only mode of transportation you should be thinking about. Loaded to the brim with Pendleton fabrics and beautiful woods, this is the mobile, $114k vacation home you have always wanted.
In a world where smartphones have grown in size to comparable to those yippy little handbag dogs, it has become a pain to listen to music while working out. Free yourself from the bulk and check out Mighty, a 1.5 inch Bluetooth Spotify streaming device.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Portland, Maine and Bunker Brewing. Founded in 2011, these young brewers have taken the craft beer scene by storm, producing tons of heady small batch beers. Make sure to stop by their taproom and show your support.
Vans, the iconic lounging-around Spicoli slip-on, have gone the way of the luxury sneaker. The low-profile is classic SoCal skater, but the beautiful espresso-colored leather uppers on these Indigo Classic Slip-ons are pure brunch at your Mediterranean palazzo.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Feb. 23, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDCrash Diary: 2004 Lamborghini MurcielagoCan friendship survive busting another man’s supercar?READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren 570GT Is the Road-Tripper’s Super Sports CarPerfect for you, your spouse, and your 13.1 cubic feet of luggage.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Bad Decision Cars of Better Call SaulAMC’s hit show is back. Let’s take a deeper dive into the best-of-the-worst vehicles.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy Do Music Videos Look Like Car Porn?A product placement super agent breaks down how manufacturers can cash in on the trend.READ NOW