This Wild 9FF-Tuned Porsche 996 Turbo Spits Flames
This car's owner came to the track to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and he just ran out of bubble gum.
Sometimes you just have to drive a car that has ungodly levels of power. A 996 like this one is more than a car, with around eight hundred turbocharged horsepower levels on tap it's more like a teleportation machine. When you round a corner, you simply point this car at the next apex, push the teleportation button (it's the long skinny one by your right foot), and you're instantly there. This is the kind of car that makes skydiving sound like a silly hobby, and could probably be used by NASA to prepare pilots for the acceleration forces of an interstellar rocket. Just look at the force with which this thing comes off the corner, it's head-pressed-in-your-seat g-force levels.
Porsche's famed Mezger engine is capable of astonishing levels of power when the boost is cranked up. German tuning house 9FF has been building crazy power from these engines for quite a while now, and they've become quite well known for their ability to extract over 1000 horsepower, assuming the owner is willing to pay for it. This particular 996 owner has nearly doubled the car's power levels from just 420 HP as it left the factory. Even from the factory, Porsche pumped that same 3.6-liter engine up to 620 horses in 2011's famed GT2 RS, so it's easily believable that with non-factory components it was capable of 180 more than that.
In this video, you can see the car is also equipped with an anti-lag launch control system, which probably helps this car rip away from a standstill. It also appears to have a motorsport-style sequential-shift manual transmission, which makes finding the next gear about as rapid-fire as modern PDK. The stock 996 Turbo managed a 4.2 second 0-60 time, but with launch control and a sequential gearbox, this manic Turbo could probably dip into the mid-2-second range, don't you think? Is there any other way to drive this car than pointing it in the right direction, matting the throttle, and holding on?
- RELATEDWatch This 1,000-HP 9ff-Tuned Porsche 997 Turbo Blow Away SupercarsTons of power and tons of grip leads to some serious acceleration.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW Club Discussed Banning Bimmers With Active Safety Features From Track Days (Updated)BMWCCA chapter puts a halt on modern cars ruining all the fun.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou Should Draft Omar Vizquel's Strosek-Tuned Porsche 993 Cabriolet To Your TeamThe All-Star MLB shortstop once drove this eye-catching Speed Yellow Strosek, and now you can too.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 700+ Horsepower PP-Performance Tuned 991 Turbo Runs 9sThis Turbo Has Picked Up Over 200 Horsepower From Stock, And Is Over A Second Quicker In The Quarter Than Porsche's Turbo SREAD NOW
- RELATEDThis Supercharged Koenig-tuned Porsche 964 Could Be King Of Your GarageIt doesn't get more 1990s German Tuning than this rad machine, on eBay now for just over a hundred grandREAD NOW