Meet DIY Porsche Enthusiast Gregory Campbell
This video profile depicts a very hands-on Porsche builder with a penchant for speed
When you've got a Porsche Fuhrmann 4-cam powered Devin Speedster vintage racing car in your garage, it's hard to call you anything but a true enthusiast. Gregory Campbell is nothing but a true enthusiast, as it were. We've been going to the Monterey historic races for years, and we've seen Greg's Devin in attendance quite a few times. It's a truly quick little monster that holds its own against some much more powerful competition. We're absolutely amazed at how much of this effort is self-driven, as indicated in this film Campbell does the majority of the work required to build and maintain such a racing car here in his garage.
Getting started early, Greg has always been working on his own projects, and based on some of the photographs in his notebooks they were occasionally pretty rough. Even through the course of the video, you can see Greg getting busy with a tap and die set creating his own shifter linkages and working on a spare four-cam engine on a stand. It's obvious that this is his passion, especially when you see the fruits of his efforts.
Being on track somewhere like Laguna Seca in a car you built, maintained, and raced is a truly unique experience. We can't even imagine what it must feel like to drop down through the corkscrew and knowing that your shift linkage will work properly when you get to the bottom because you've crafted it yourself and intimately know the details of how the assembly goes together. Good on you, Greg.
- RELATEDThis 356 Speedster “Barn Find” Just Sold For $605,000The Auctions America sale in Hilton Head, SC this weekend produced this hugely surprising sale number. I'm sure the seller is pretty happy with the result.READ NOW
- RELATEDJay Leno Drives A 356 Speedster Replica That Is Possibly Better Than The Real ThingVolkswagen floor pan, Subaru engine, Design by Porsche, Almost no real Porsche parts included.READ NOW
- RELATEDWorlds Only Speed Yellow 997 Speedster For SaleSloan Cars is selling the one-of-one 997 Speedster in Speed Yellow, the only one to ever exist. It's gorgeous. You need it.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Dirty Dozen: Twelve Porsches On The Coastal Range RallyIn this drone photo are most of the 911s and 912s on #CRR2017READ NOW
- RELATEDOne Lap of Rennsport in the 2017 Porsche 911 CarreraA Porsche extravaganza, on-board with Le Mans winner Hurley Haywood, at Laguna Seca.READ NOW