Tanner Foust Takes His Father's Old 912E For A Spin
This Video Short Titled "A Gentleman's Guide To Meditation" Is A Gorgeous Use Of Gigabytes
Posted on Vimeo by Patrick Meade Jones, this video short is phenomenally shot, and gives a little bit of insight into the love that Tanner Foust shares with the car his father purchased new in 1976. A similar Talbot Yellow 912E resides in my own garage and I can confirm how easy it is to fall in love with one. This is the very rare and very beautiful shade on Tanner's car, and combined with the fact that his 912E is one of only about five-hundred built with a sunroof, his car is exceedingly rare. These cars are slow and not particularly powerful, essentially a Volkswagen Bus in a 911 suit, but they sure are endearing and fun to drive.
This video is a bit on the artsy side with a series of gorgeous shots with an interesting score overlaying it. The videographer wisely chose to not punctuate the video with the sound Tanner's car makes, as the type-4 engine is not a particularly sonorous one. The visuals make up for the lack of exciting Porsche engine note, however. A beautiful canyon drive has become a beautiful glimpse of what it was like that day, that you can watch. It's got a vintage feel with film-like qualities. The fact is, it'll take you less time to watch this short than it will to read this.
Opening on a quick donut, then following Foust on a long drive through some phenomenal corners on a fantastic California day, this is how a true car guy meditates.
- RELATEDNew Brakes For a Vintage Porsche 912EThis holiday season, me time is more like 912E time.READ NOW
- RELATEDCatch A 1976 Porsche 912E On Velocity Channel’s Classic Car Refurb Show “Wheeler Dealers”You can stream the whole episode!READ NOW
- RELATEDCommuting In An Old Aircooled PorscheThis morning on my way out the door, I decided to pick up the 912E keys. It was the right decision.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Ruination After A Weekend Wrenching On My PorscheAfter a weekend wrenching in my garage, everything is an omnishambles. I am not a tidy person by nature, and when it comes to a thrashing, bumbling, yet somehow theraputic wrenching session in my shop, the aftermath is something to behold.READ NOW
- RELATED20 Photographic Highlights of the Luftgekuhlt Porsche Show450 perfect vintage Porsches, and not a water pump on the lot.READ NOW