Watch This 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 RS Get Disassembled In Minutes
This timelapse of a Porsche being torn apart is the best way to start your Friday
If you're not already following Gunnar Racing on Instagram, you really should be. Aside from the extremely entertaining vintage photos they post from their archives, the vintage racing and restoration shop is constantly working on something entertaining and exciting. In this video posted to their Instagram feed, the Gunnar Racing team takes A 1973 Carrera 2.7 RS down to its most basic components. With one camera pointed to the front of the car and one pointed to the rear, you get to see half a dozen specialized technicians tear this classic Porsche limb from limb in preparation for a proper restoration. The Porsche was driven into the shop at 11:40 AM, six minutes later the first part was removed, and it was completely disassembled by 4 PM that same afternoon. It's almost like they've done this job before.
A perfectly clean Carrera RS is difficult to find these days, and this car (Chassis Number 0493) is verified rust-free. It does have some repairs to prior damage that are documented on Instagram as well, but the team at Gunnar will put the shell on a rack to straighten everything out perfectly. The video shows the team start with simple things like the front and rear lid, within minutes the windows are out of the car, and then the engine and gearbox. From there it's all little things one piece at a time. As the old adage says, you eat an elephant one bite at a time.
- RELATEDPorsche's Next 911 GT3, New Cayman GT4 RS May Use the Same 4.0-Liter EngineAin't no replacement for displacement.READ NOW
- RELATEDGet Signed Up For Porsche Summer CampEmory's 2017 Porsche Campout Registration Has OpenedREAD NOW
- RELATEDYou Can Buy This Porsche 904 GTS Next Week!It'll be part of Bonhams' Scottsdale Auction, estimated to bring between 2 and 2.5 million dollarsREAD NOW
- RELATEDCar Porn: Lava Orange Porsche 911Getting up close and personal with the sexiest cars on the internet.READ NOW
- RELATEDVintage Video: Porsche 911 Lowrider Shows Off Its HydraulicsEqual parts sacrilege and awesome, the oldschool lowrider scene got their hands on this Porsche. Nope, or Dope?READ NOW