Porsche Announced As The Featured Marque Of The 2017 Mitty Classic At Road Atlanta
Mark your calendars now!
I have a love affair with vintage racing. It is one of the great experiences of the world to be able to watch the cars you have thus far only been able to read about, or if you're lucky occasionally catch a video on YouTube. Vintage racing events bring the best of the past roaring into frame, and the inclusiveness of the paddock makes some attendees fans for life. I have attended the Classic Motorsports Magazine "Walter Mitty Challenge at Road Atlanta" a handful of times and have seriously enjoyed each outing. This year, however, the featured marque is Porsche, and I am sure to enjoy that one even more than usual.
Last year, Porsche threw the biggest vintage racing bash I've ever seen at Laguna Seca called "Rennsport Reunion", which was specifically tailored to Porsche drivers, racers, and fans. The Mitty is a little bit more of a relaxed atmosphere, so there likely won't be quite as many Porsches in attendance, or on the race track, but it's always a riot well worth attending, Porsches or no.
There is not yet any indication of what cars may be in attendance, or who the grand marshall might be, but the event's website states "Porsche will be the featured marque at this year's event, so prepare to encounter some of the manufacturer's most historic hardware.", and Porsche North America is based out of Atlanta, so surely they'll be heavily involved in the car selection.
Set your calendar now for April 21st through 23rd, and make sure you will be there.
- RELATEDBrace Yourself, Porsche Rennsport Reunion is ComingTriennial gathering of Porsches will blow your mind.READ NOW
- RELATEDOne Lap of Rennsport in the 2017 Porsche 911 CarreraA Porsche extravaganza, on-board with Le Mans winner Hurley Haywood, at Laguna Seca.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Porsche Rennsport Reunion Carrera GTSREAD NOW
- RELATEDCar-Loving New Yorkers Rejoice: Vintage Racing is Coming to the CatskillsLawns are for mowing. Monticello's new concours takes a fast page from Goodwood instead.READ NOW
- RELATEDRacing to Monterey in BMW's Spectacular M1We uncork Bavaria's 35-year-old vintage whine.READ NOW