Porsche 356 Pre-A Project For Sale, Some Rust, Needs Work
Minor restoration might be needed to resurrect this 356 from the grave, but it's likely the least expensive way to get into a 356 right now. The aircooled craze is all the rage these days!
We all spend time on Craigslist looking for cars we don't have the space, time, or money for, right? In the process of doing just that, I found this gem of an ad in Grass Valley, California. There is very little 356 left of the original 1953 Pre-A they're advertising, though the $1000 price tag seems to fit in line with the percentage of it that remains. You might be able to salvage some bits of the cowl section, and parts of the dash appear to be intact. In any case, it appears that this project will require a lot of work to get it looking anything like a 356. Or perhaps you just want it sitting in your lawn as yard art?
From the listing:
53 pre a coupe front clip. Pretty rusted out. Dash and top heater tube still good. And maybe a few other things. Make a Porsche planter box or salvage a few prices. $1000 bucks. Call Kyle.
If you are seriously optimistic, or desperate I suppose, you might consider calling Kyle to grab this section of vintage Porsche. It's a shame to see one in this kind of condition, not only because Pre-A 356s are amazingly beautiful, but because there was once someone who took delivery of this car and loved it dearly. As a good friend of mine always likes to say "They were all once somebody's baby".
- RELATEDDriving Emory Outlaws' Incredible and Sinister Porsche 356Rod Emory is the original Porsche Outlaw.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche's 'Restaurant 356' Planning Coca Cola-Inspired Prix Fixe Menu To Honor Bob Akin RacingPorsche's in-house restaurant within the Porsche Experience Center Atlanta, is hosting a new and creative Coca Cola-inspired menu of dishes to honor Bob Akin Racing's contribution to Porsche's history. Make your reservation now!READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 356 Speedster "Barn Find" Just Sold For $605,000The Auctions America sale in Hilton Head, SC this weekend produced this hugely surprising sale number. I'm sure the seller is pretty happy with the result.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Porsche 356 Daily Driver Just Passed the Million-Mile MarkThree engine rebuilds and five decades after it rolled off the factory floor.READ NOW
- RELATEDA New Porsche Classic Parts Catalog 'Originale' Is HerePorsche Classic has been slowly ramping up their coverage of vintage parts supply for the last couple of years. Now they've launched a new catalog to showcase them.READ NOW