Have A Beer With Porsche Driver Pat Long
Did you know Pat has a pro skateboarder brother?
He helped create Luftgekuhlt, he can't wheelie, and he doesn't like twinkies. Patrick Long is one of the coolest racing drivers, and this is your opportunity to get to know him a little better. Last week Pat was the subject of Hoonigan's "A Beer With" series, which has turned out to be a great series well worth adding to your watch list. The video dropped in conjunction with Sunday's aircooled Porsche gathering, Luftgekuhlt, which Patrick presides over, in Los Angeles. The show has become a phenomenon, but that's not all he's good for, he's also one of the greatest Porsche drivers ever.
We've been following Pat's career since the beginning, he was a runner-up in the Red Bull Driver Talent Search over a decade ago (which lead to Scott Speed's Formula 1 career). He's won at the 24 hours of Le Mans, and he's raced everything from GT3s to LMP2s. He's won multiple championship titles. He's been a Porsche factory driver since 2003, but had a few one-off performances in NASCAR and Australian Supercars. Give him the wheel of basically any race car, and he'll be running it toward the front of the grid.
He's currently fighting with Alvaro Parente for the lead of the Pirelli World Challenge GT class in a Wright Motorsports-entered 911 GT3R. Sunday was the fourth iteration of the Luftgekuhlt show, and given the success that it proved to be, we're sure that planning has already begun on the fifth for next year.
- RELATEDPat Long Finds The Podium In World Challenge Long Beach RaceMcLaren's Alvaro Parente proved unbeatable, Porsche's Long takes runner-up.READ NOW
- RELATEDPat Long Scores World Challenge Season Opening St. Pete Weekend WinWith Udell and Calvert scoring double class victories, Porsche takes home five gold trophiesREAD NOW
- RELATEDPorsche's PWC Teams Suffer Bad Luck At VIR SprintX RoundsA timing glitch by officials derailed their chances on Saturday, and Sunday they were hit from behind during a caution lap.READ NOW
- RELATEDMagnus Walker Shows Off His 964 At The Donut GaragePart Of A Photo Shoot For KW Suspension, Magnus Goes Over All Of The Details For Hoonigan's Brian ScottoREAD NOW
- RELATEDDoing Donuts In BBi Autosport's "Project Swan" 997 TurboBetim Berisha of BBi visits the Hoonigan Donut Garage and turns tires into smoke.READ NOW