Drive Wire for October 11th, 2016: San Marino Rally Crash Kills 1, Injures 8
A Renault Clio rally car went flying straight into the crowd.
Hey there, Will Sabel Courtney here for Drive Wire on October 11th, 2016.
Today on drive wire: A rally car crash in San Marino on Sunday killed one spectator and left eight others in the crowd injured. A word of warning: The images seen here may be disturbing to some viewers.
The accident occurred at the Rally Legend 2016 rally race, when the number 44 Renault Clio Maxi rally car piloted by Enrico Bonaso and co-driver Alice Palazzi failed to make a turn, crashing through a barrier made of hay bales and running into the crowd behind it.
The cause of the crash has not yet been disclosed. After the accident, the rest of the rally was cancelled.
The victim, identified as 57-year-old Henry Anselmino of Italy, was reportedly killed instantly in the crash. Three of the eight injured people were reportedly in critical condition, as of the most recent reports available.
That’s it for Drive Wire on October 11th, 2016. I’m Will Sabel Courtney; thanks for watching, and please check out The Drive for more on today’s big stories.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 3, 2016: Delphi Wants to Bring Self-Driving Taxis to More CitiesAn expansion of the test in Singapore planned for next year.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 4, 2016: Fisker Plans to Reveal New Electric Car Next YearNew model will be the “spiritual successor” to the Fisker Karma, bossman says.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 5th, 2016: Subaru Reveals Japan-Only WRX S4 tS Special EditionA WRX packed with plenty of cool features...and one not-so-cool one.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 3, 2016: Dutch Company Turns Tesla Model S Into a HearseThere's no reason your final ride can't be eco-friendly.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 10, 2016: Google Outfits First Self-Driving Chrysler Pacifica Minivan PrototypesWith the influx of 100 minivans from FCA, Google's fleet will more than double.READ NOW