Electric GT's Tesla Model S P100DL Race Car Packs 778 HP
The Model S P100DL will also have carbon fiber body panels, a wider wheelbase, and new aerodynamics that pile on the downforce.
We have seen several preview videos of the Tesla Model S P100DL racer, but now we get the privilege of learning the vehicle's specifications. According to racing series Electric GT, the Model S P100DL will use a 100-kWh lithium-ion battery capable of helping the car deliver 778 horsepower and 734 pound-feet of torque—making it the most powerful Tesla in history.
The heavily modified Tesla will use carbon fiber body panels and will have a wider wheelbase than the standard Model S. For increased traction and handling the Model S P100DL will use Pirelli PZeros and create massive amounts of downforce. According to the video below, the Model S P100DL's front fascia will provide 369 lbs of downforce at 155 mph and the rear wing will make 664 lbs of downforce at the same speed.
Although the Tesla Model S P100DL sounds like a track monster, Electric GT will be governing the car to 155 mph. Still, watching the P100DL hit 62 mph in just 2.1 seconds sounds like it'll be a blast.
- RELATEDTesla Update Allows Drivers to View Supercharger Availability Through Nav SystemNow you don't have to guess if there's room at the inn, erg, supercharger.READ NOW
- RELATEDCalifornia Brownouts Could Be Prevented by Tesla BatteriesPG&E will test Powerpacks to help stabilize grid during peak summer demand.READ NOW
- RELATEDFather of Tesla Driver Who Died in Indianapolis Crash Blames the Car's Performance for her DeathJon Speckman says he blames the electric automaker for his daughter's death last November—even though her blood alcohol level was reportedly almost three times the legal limit.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Tesla Model S P100D Is Here, Does 0-60 In 2.5 SecondsTesla claiming it's the quickest production car currently on sale in the world.READ NOW
- RELATEDElectric GT's Race-Ready Tesla Is an Absolute MonsterAnd it appears to have downforce for days.READ NOW