Watch an Ambulance Stop to Chastise a Tailgater
Just let emergency responders do their thing.
When you encounter an emergency vehicle on the road that is responding to a call, you're supposed to give the vehicle as much room as necessary to let the driver get where he or she needs to go without issue as quickly as possible. That means pulling over, letting them get ahead of you, and giving them all the room they could potentially need. Which is not what this black sedan's driver did.
As you can see in this video, uploaded to YouTube last week, the driver whose point of view we see pulled onto the right shoulder as the ambulance came up behind the car. That's what you're supposed to do when an emergency vehicle with lights and sirens blaring comes up behind. But the driver of a Nissan Maxima that was sharing the road was not as courteous. The Maxima driver tailed the ambulance until the driver of the emergency medical vehicle decided that enough was enough.
Not only was the driver following the ambulance on the shoulder—a no-no in itself—he or she was also tailgating the vehicle. And apparently, that motorist wasn't the only one, because in the video we see a lifted Ford F-150 come right up behind it once the ambulance comes to a stop.
In New York, law states that you have to keep 200 feet back from fire trucks responding to emergencies. That's a good rule of thumb for all emergency vehicles.
- RELATEDWatch This Teen Lead Police on a High-Speed Chase in a Stolen AmbulanceThe 18-year-old reached 100 mph after stealing an ambulance from Palestine Regional Medical Center.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's a Perfect Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV For SaleThe rare US-spec car is sitting at a hefty $120,000 at the time of this article.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Ferrari F430 Smack Into a Lamborghini GallardoSorry for the vertical video.READ NOW
- RELATEDGM Fires 2,700 Employees by Text Message After Venezuelan Plant Seizure"We all received a payment and a text message...there is no longer anyone in the country."READ NOW
- RELATEDTexas Toyota Dealer Under Fire After Manager's Wife Wins Supra in Charity RaffleLone Star State scandal! After winning a charity raffle and listing the car on eBay, a Texas dealership is in hot water.READ NOW