Listen to This E30 BMW M3 Scream Up an Italian Hillclimb
It may "just" be powered by a 2.3-liter four-cylinder, but boy does it sound good.
Many of you have been subjected to countless videos featuring V-6, I-6, V-8, and even V-10 engines jammed into an E30 BMW M3, but the lonely four-cylinder never really gets that much attention. By those standards, the video below is a rarity, as it features a 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine producing 300 horsepower. Rather than sounding like another four-cylinder snooze, this E30 M3 is a screamer, giving viewers four minutes and 29 seconds of loud chaos.
After some engine, intake and exhaust modification, the four-cylinder M3 actually sounds badass quickly ascends an Italian Hillclimb. Keeping the RPMs high the whole time, the driver manages to squeeze every last bit of power from the small 2.3-liter. If the YouTube video description is correct, the 2.3-liter regularly hits 8,200 rpm in order to achieve maximum power.
If you know of a better-sounding E30 M3, post a video of it in the comments below or email me at email@example.com.
- RELATEDWatch How Badly This Formula One Car Out-Brakes a BMW M3I'd be surprised if these didn't leave a seat belt-shaped bruise across your chest.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a V-10 BMW M3 Smoke a Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2 In a Drag RaceIt shouldn't be a surprise to see that a V-10-powered BMW M3 behaves like a rocket ship.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This E46 BMW M3 Fly Up Lebanon's Falougha Hill ClimbGaro Haroutiounian may not be a household name in the U.S.—but he should be.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis V-10 BMW M3 Build Is Heaven's Own Drift CarLuke Fink's V-10-engined 3 Series screams louder than a bunch of preteens at a Justin Bieber concert.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe BMW M3 With Competition Package Is Hardcore German PunkOptional Competition Pack creates a hardcore headbanger.READ NOW