Watch a V-10 BMW M3 Smoke a Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2 In a Drag Race
It shouldn't be a surprise to see that a V-10-powered BMW M3 behaves like a rocket ship.
Watching drag races between supercars can lose its appeal after a while. Enthusiasts tend to know which car is going to win well before the race even kicks off. However, when you have a sleeper or heavily-modified car in the race, there tends to be a little more excitement. After all, who knows what that modded car is really packing under the hood, or how well it puts the power down?
In the video below, we see a V-10-powered BMW E30 M3 pitted against a Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2. Both cars are spectacular in their own right, but the S85B50 DOHC V-10 plopped into the E30 M3 transforms it into an absolute speed demon. If left unturned, the 5.0-liter V-10 makes 500 horsepower and 384 lb-ft of torque. This, as it turns out, is plenty of power to hurl the lightweight coupe ahead of the 580-hp two-wheel-drive Huracan. Throughout the entire race, the E30 M3 continues to pull away from the Lamborghini Huracan, until it finally finishes approximately two car lengths ahead.
After watching this video, you have to wonder which car you would prefer to take home. We can't decide.
- RELATEDTurning the $2,000 Crapcan BMW Into a Cheap Rally CarIn Episode Two of /BORN A CAR, Ryan finds out (the hard way) what it'll take to turn the beat-up, $2,000 BMW 325is into a rally car.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This E46 BMW M3 Fly Up Lebanon's Falougha Hill ClimbGaro Haroutiounian may not be a household name in the U.S.—but he should be.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to a Turbocharged V-12 BMW E30 3 Series Drift Car Come to LifeIts engine bay is a beautiful mess.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's Why We Bought a $2,000 E30 BMW 325isCan we take a clapped-out classic sports sedan from the 1980s and make it rally, race, and climb a mountain?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a 580-HP V-8-Powered BMW E30 3 Series Drift Car Do Its ThingThis BMW never stops getting sideways.READ NOW