The Next Episode of Top Gear UK May be the Best of the New Show Yet
A golden Bugatti Chiron blasting through the Arabian Peninsula? Why not?
Top Gear UK has arguably earned back their stride after a rough start with the new hosting cast. With Rory Reid, Matt LeBlanc, and Chris Harris now coming into their own, the show is headed in the right direction—as you can see in the clip here. With each episode gradually gaining traction towards its peak, the fourth episode seems to have it all: motorbikes, a car maze, and a golden Bugatti Chiron racing through the desert. Is that enough pantomime for you? They hope so. They've got to swing for the fences in order to beat out competitors Clarkson, Hammond, and May.
The short, twenty-second trailer shows a surprising amount of chemistry between the three hosts. That's a key factor to developing the series further, and with Harris's know-how, LeBlanc's humor, and Reid's journalistic talent, they're beginning to form a stronger cohesive bond than last series. Since ditching Chris Evans, the entirety of Top Gear's 24th season has been better in values both measurable and not.
The star of the show will of course be the Chiron. Not only were the TG trio one of the first to get their hands on one, they were able to swing a golden one. That speaks for the level of drama this boutique hypercar brings with it, and Chris Harris may be the best to put its prowess on display. You can see a snippet here of Harris and LeBlanc bantering back and forth in what seems to be the set-up for a race between the Bugatti and Ducati motorbike.
This will be a particularly hard episode to top, what with a $2.7 million hypercar and all. We're anxious to see how things come together with this one—and by the looks of it, the fourth may be the best one yet.
- RELATEDTop Gear America Returning With 3 New Hosts on BBC AmericaThe American version of Top Gear is back, packing an actor, a drag racer, and a British journalistREAD NOW
- RELATEDTop Gear Chooses A Toyota GT86 for Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car Segment205 horsepower, a 6-speed manual transmission, and rear-wheel drive will make for an amusing bit of television.READ NOW
- RELATEDLet Top Gear's Rory Reid Show You Around Welsh Rally Stages in an Ariel NomadThe TV presenter scoops up Rally America Champ David Higgins for a proper tour of Wales.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Ford Debut the New Fiesta ST with a Top Gear-Style RaceThe newest generation of Ford's hot hatch looks and sounds the business.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Crazy Engine Rig That Bugatti Uses To Simulate Nürburgring RunsThe hefty W-16 straps in for a ride on this high-dollar machine.READ NOW