Corvette-Driving Suspect Outruns Police During High-Speed Chase
But the eye in the sky never lost sight of the iconic sports car.
The Chevy Corvette is one of the best bang-for-your-buck sports cars on the market. For a starting price ofjust $55,495, you can own a Corvette Stingray with 460 horsepower and a 0-60 mph time of 3.7 seconds. Unfortunately, that means irresponsible individuals can also reach dangerously high speeds with less financial expenditure than you might think.
Last week, a suspect in Volusia County, Florida led police on a high-speed pursuit in a rented Chevy Corvette. In the video below, the car can be seen evading police, weaving through traffic and coming within inches of other vehicles. Ground units appear unable to keep up with the red Corvette as it barrels down the street. On numerous occasions the vehicle is on the wrong side of the road, blowing through traffic signals and showing little regard to other human life.
According to reports, one of the alleged operators were arrested for possession of crack cocaine, intent to distribute, trafficking heroin—and presumably evading police. The other person in the car had not been located as of last week's reports.
This video serves as a great reminder that no matter how fast your getaway car is, you won't be able to outrun the eye in the sky.
- RELATEDMan Livestreams Wild Police Chase Featuring a Stolen Pickup and a Vigilante PastorThis one's really got it all, folksREAD NOW
- RELATEDWatch Ohio Police Chase 10-Year-Old Boy in High-Speed Pursuit Through ClevelandHopefully, this kid turns out to be more "Ricky Bobby" and less habitual offender.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevy Adds New Technology to 2018 Tahoe Police Pursuit VehiclesChevy adds their Enhanced Driver Assist Package for the first time ever in a pursuit-rated vehicle.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New ZR1 Wasn't Supposed to Happen, Says Corvette Chief EngineerThe Z06 was originally intended to be the apex of C7 performance.READ NOW
- RELATEDMan Scores His Seventh Drunk Driving Arrest After Crashing Corvette at 10 A.M.It's not a contest, guy.READ NOW