Watch Matt Farah Talk Life, One Takes, and What Makes a Good Car Review
A day in the life of The Smoking Tire's Matt Farah.
If you're a regular reader of The Drive, you probably know who Matt Farah is. The head of The Smoking Tire, deliverer of One Takes, and the host of the /DRIVE network's /TUNED has become a car-person-household name. But it wasn't always this way. As a youngster, Matt was just a kid who really, really liked cars, just like countless budding enthusiasts out there. By his own admission, there's nothing special about Matt Farah—but he's definitely made the most of it.
The up-and-coming video artisans at Gears & Gasoline had the opportunity to get personal with Farah, taking viewers into a day in the life of one of the internet's premier car video creators. Matt talks about his early years, binge-reading car magazines as a wee lad and the path he took to turn that not-that-special child into the gearhead celebrity he is today. We also get an interesting behind-the-scenes look into what goes into filming a One Take, what Matt is looking for next in his automotive career, and discussing his perspective on what makes a good car review and car personalities in general. He also takes us through what is and isn't in his garage these days.
"Car videos are like TV, ultimately it's all about the characters." In that vein, it's safe to say that Matt Farah is certainly a hell of a character, and we're always watching to see what he'll do next.
- RELATEDWatch a 200,000 Mile Subaru Forester Get DetailedTherapy for germophobes and paint maintenance enthusiasts everywhere.READ NOW
- RELATEDCamaro Z/28 Owner Says He Was Trolling Matt Farah, Wants 'One Take' Video Taken Down"Ahhhh, here it goes!"READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Matt Farah Experience the 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL GullwingToday's Smoking Tire One Take features the OG super-Benz: the 300 SL Gullwing.READ NOW
- RELATEDMatt Farah Selects His Best (and Worst) Cars of 2016It's a tough job, but someone had to drive 250 cars this year...READ NOW
- RELATEDMatt Farah Is Back With /TUNED and the Perfect BMW 2002The first new episode of /TUNED tackles an icon.READ NOW