How To Change Differential Oil
Keep your vehicle's fluid fresh for miles of trouble-free driving.
In a rear-wheel, or four-wheel drive vehicle, the differential oil change is probably one of the most overlooked routine maintenance items there is. Luckily, changing this thick, rich-smelling oil is typically as easy as it is important. Ben Preston takes us through the steps.
"Just make sure you don't over-tighten the cover bolts and warp the cover," he says. "Rear differential leaks are a nightmare, because you have to get under the car to top off the oil."
- RELATEDThe Build: How to Change Your OilDon't worry, it's not as hard as you (might) think.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Build: How to Check Your Oil, Tire PressureWe're starting things off real simple.READ NOW
- RELATEDDo It Yourself: How to Install Tires CorrectlyBecause it matters.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Argue in a Car Without Killing Each OtherJumping out of the moving vehicle is not an option, or so we're told.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Change Your Oil: A PrimerIt helps to have a jackstand. Or a tree stump.READ NOW