Could This 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Be Your Summer Fling?
The Jeep "woody" fits the bill perfectly for road trips and beach going.
The Jeep Grand Wagoneer is as iconic as it is nerdy. People love the affectionately named "Woody," as the SUV blends together practicality and light heartedness in a way that Jeep probably never have intended to. Quality examples go for surprisingly high amounts when compared to their original value, and this one for sale on Bring a Trailer will probably rank right up there. The classic combination of white and wood grain aesthetics make it the perfect Grand Wagoneer for collectors, and with 145,000 miles, you may be able to pick it up for a steal.
For many, it's in just the right condition. It's not so perfect that you're afraid to drive it, but it also has its share of usage. Small dents can be found on the body with a slightly mismatched white repaint in some areas, all minor blemishes. Since it's traveled so far these things are expected. The ad seems to state most of the imperfections, giving us a realistic example of what to expect. Regardless of these small damages, the Jeep looks great in the photos. With everything in good shape, we're betting it could handle its fair share of camping trips and long hauls.
As for the interior, everything works as it should. All of the gauges, dials, and displays are in good shape, making it a nice place to be with the tan theme throughout. The leather seats and carpeting look stellar given the car's mileage, meaning it was probably well taken care of by each of its previous owners.
The engine is a 360-cubic inch AMC unit, the last carbureted motor used in an American car. It produced 160 horsepower when new, so don't expect to go anywhere fast—which is fine in this case. It received a recent tune up including the following items:
- Tune up, oil/filter change, K&N air filter
- Accessory belts replaced
- New fuel pump and filter
- New water pump and coolant
- New power steering pump
- New shocks at all four corners
- Transmission pan reseal
- Driveline greased
Maintenance records are not included, though this engine is traditionally a reliable lump.
The Wagoneer is ready for sale, as it was just treated to a fresh detail. The owner seems motivated to sell, prepping the car into a beautiful representation of how we would imagine our own Jeep.
Current bid at the time of this posting is $14,000. The auction ends March 31, so make sure to keep an eye on it.
- RELATEDThis 1939 Ford Transit Bus Could Be Your Piece of NYC HistoryThat, or a time machine to one of the most interesting times in American history.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Ferrari F355 Berlinetta Converted To a Gated Manual Could Be YoursThe prettiest Ferrari of the '90s is up for auction on Bring a Trailer.READ NOW
- RELATEDRule the Roost With This 1987 Mercedes-Benz UnimogFor when your one-ton pickup just doesn't cut it.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 1962 Saab 96 Could Be Your Two-Stroke SweetheartLook at what Bring a Trailer brought us today.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 1988 Audi 5000 CS Turbo Quattro Wagon Checks All The BoxesThis underrated estate could be a top choice for enthusiasts.READ NOW