The Redesigned 2018 Chevrolet Traverse Will Cost At Least $30,875
Chevy's redesigned full-size crossover gets bolder styling, best-in-class cargo space, and a price tag.
Chevrolet has announced pricing on its new-for-2018 full-size Traverse crossover. Including destination charges, a base Traverse will run you $30,875 plus tax, title, and any additional fees the dealer decides to demand.
If you'd like a Traverse with some goodies on it, $42,095 buys you an SUV with 20-inch wheels, rear park assist, side blind zone and rear cross traffic alerts, and a birds-eye-view surround camera system (should make the weekly trip to the Costco parking lot a little less stressful). Step up to the $45,395 Premier model and Chevy switches out the black plastic lower cladding for body-colored panels and chromes up the window trim, throwing any remaining pretense of off-road ambitions to the wind. Those who opt for this trim are eligible for the Redline appearance package that features sinister black trim with red accents.
To really make the Joneses jealous, the top-of-the-line High Country Traverse adds standard AWD with an automatically locking rear diff, a trailer hitch, a heavy-duty cooling system for high-load situations, automatic high beams assist, forward collision alert, and a price tag of $52,995.
Powered by either a 2.0-liter Ecotec turbo or a 3.6-liter V-6, the new Traverse boasts a more handsome and bolder design than before. Chevy is also claiming best-in-class cargo and passenger space, calling out competitors from Ford, Honda, and Toyota by name. Seating up to eight people, the Traverse promises to make long family road trips and awkward office commutes as comfortable as possible with a boatload of standard creature comforts. Some highlights include USB charging for occupants of all three rows, dedicated phone storage, a "truck-sized" center console, active noise cancellation, automatic tri-zone climate control, built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- RELATEDThe 2018 Chevrolet Traverse Gains Edgy Styling, Four Cylinder TurboChevy’s big boy SUV shoots for a different goal.READ NOW
- RELATEDGM Beefs Up the 2018 Traverse and Audi Reveals the Sporty Q8 Concept: The Evening RushPlus, Tommy Bahama and Airstream team up to make the ultimate vacation trailer.READ NOW
- RELATED2016 Chevrolet Equinox Quick ReviewCritic's Notebook takeaway: The Equinox works hard to undo GM's hard work.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Mahk's Take on the Buick Envision in the Latest Zebra Corner SpoofZebra Corner moves on from screwing with "Real People" to screwing with your grandmother.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Ford Explorer Gets a Shiny New Grille and Four Exhaust PipesThe SUV can also now come equipped with 4G connectivity.READ NOW