Texas Police Department Makes Hilarious Lincoln Commercial Parody
Matthew McConaughey has nothing on Cedar Hills Police Sergeant Larry Wise's pondering abilities.
Matthew McConaughey's Lincoln commercials have been questioned for over two years now and for good reason. They are a little bizarre and overly deep. We get it, Lincoln is rebranding itself and is out to make a new class of luxury, but the booger-flickin’ McConaughey act was a strange way to go about it.
Over the past few years, there have been several imitations of the famous contemplation commercial but after letting the dust settle, The Drive has concluded that Cedar Hills Police Department may have the best one. Their nicely shot parody starring Patrol Sergeant Larry Wise definitely has strong production value as well as a flurry of comedic thoughts and job-applicable pondering.
Throughout the video, Sergeant Wise contemplates why he became a cop and whose prisoner was in the back of his squad. The entire video does a great job of humanizing the badge by bringing humor to their social media.
If everyone could do an industry-applicable version of the Matthew McConaughey Lincoln commercial, the world would be a better place, but we would also get zero work done. Regardless of your opinion on the commercials, they appear to be working as Lincoln sales have consistently gone up at a fairly steady pace since the campaign’s debut in 2015.
- RELATEDChevrolet's "Real People" Commercials Get Another Hilarious ParodyThis time the all-new 2017 Chevrolet Cruze Hatch takes the brunt of the jokes.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet "Real People" Commercial Parody Is Back to Mock the J.D. Power AwardZebra Corner is back with another riff on Chevy's ad campaign.READ NOW
- RELATEDOklahoma Police Chief Issues Himself $300 Speeding TicketIf you do the crime, you do the time (or pay the ticket).READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy Ford's New Hybrid Police Car Is a "Responder" and Not an "Interceptor"Interceptors are rated for a rear-end impact of 75 mph, while the Responders are tested for 55 mph, according to Ford.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the 2,500-HP M2K Motorsports Ford GT Hit 294 MPH At the Texas MileBreaking hearts and records at 38 percent of the speed of sound.READ NOW