Watch This Dirt Bike Land On the Hood Of a Jeep Wrangler
The Wrangler cuts in front of the rider just as he get airborne off a massive dune—and a nail-biter ensues.
Every extreme sport has its risks and rewards. When looking at dune dirt bike riding, the reward is looking like a total badass and enjoying nature’s natural ramps. Launching your bike into the stratosphere can be a great way to spend the weekend...but you should jump blindly.
Dunes tend to be pretty open and void of cross-traffic, but it helps to have spotters ensuring the coast is clear. Unfortunately, that sort of team coordination did not occur in the video below—and the GoPro footage shows a rider kissing death on the cheek.
Traveling at a good clip, the featured rider and his partner crest a dune only to be greeted by a line of Jeep Wranglers cutting across. Rather than being a good spotter, the dudes at the top of the dune focus their attention of filming the near-death experience. As the rider descends from his aerial excursion, his back tire clips the hood of the Wrangler and leaves a gnarly dent. Miraculously, the rider is able to stay upright and return to the scene to inspect the damage.
- RELATEDDirt Bikes, Death Valley, and the Wheelie King of New YorkThe coldest time of year is the best time to ride a dirt bike in the hottest place in America.READ NOW
- RELATEDNo Dirt Bike Can Master This Impossible Hill ClimbWatching bikers try to blast up Belgium's baddest bluff never gets old.READ NOW
- RELATEDDirt Biker Frees Pinned ATV Rider, MacGyver-styleMeet the good Samaritan with a bad back.READ NOW
- RELATEDMini’s New Fire-Breathing, Dune-Surfing Dakar Racer Has ArrivedBack with a vengeance.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Lamborghini Urus Has Turbos So It Can Go Dune SurfingTurbocharged torque is needed for off-road fun, CEO says.READ NOW