Nissan Rogue Hybrid Will Start at $27,180
Undercutting the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid by $2,790. HYBRID CROSSOVER PRICING FIGHT!
The Nissan Rogue Hybrid and Toyota RAV4 Hybrid don’t exactly get the heart pumping, but the hybrid crossover segment is important nonetheless. Over time, the price difference between a hybrid model and their gasoline counterparts has shrunk to the point where hybrid owners can reap the benefits before the second year of ownership.
According to Nissan, the Rogue SV Hybrid is only $1,000 more than its gasoline-only-powered counterpart. This is worth noting, as the hybrid option used to north of $6,000 more back when hybrids first started hitting the SUV/Crossover segment.
The 2017 Nissan Rogue currently offers hybrid drivetrains in the SV and SL (both in FWD or AWD) trims, with a base price of $27,180. This undercuts the Toyota RAV4 by an impressive $2,790. If customers opt to purchase the SL trim, they can expect to pay $28,530 (FWD)—still less than the base price for the Toyota RAV4.
The 2017 Nissan Rogue Hybrid will be powered by a 2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC four-cylinder coupled to a lithium-ion battery and a 30kW electric motor good for a combined 174 hp. According to Nissan, the new Rogue hybrid is expected to get 33mpg city and 35 mpg highway.
- RELATEDThe 2016 Toyota RAV4 Actually Deserves Its PopularityGet ready for an AWD, Toyota-badged gut-check.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe TRD Toyota RAV4 Makes SenseToyota’s crossover defines “mild.” It’s time to bulk up.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Nissan Rogue Is the Extra Value Meal of CrossoversCheap calories feed your motion, if not your mojo.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Tracked Nissan Rogue Is Way Cooler Than It SoundsChairlifts are overrated; use the Rogue WarriorREAD NOW
- RELATEDHonda Will Add a New American-Made Hybrid in 2018The as-yet-unnamed car will be built in one of the company's existing U.S. factories.READ NOW