The 2017 Raptor Takes on Baja and the Next Land Rover Defender Will Be Jammed With Tech: The Evening Rush
Plus, Tesla's Solar Roof actually looks like a roof.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Ford is placing the 2017 F-150 Raptor into the mix at the Baja 1000. Running in the Stock Full class, Ford will essentially have a stock Raptor with some lights and decals running the treacherous race. This will be the first time the trcuks' version of the twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 will be used in competition so it will be interesting to see how it holds up.
Ladies and gentlemen, in 2017, you can expect to see a wondrous Porsche Panamera Shooting Brake grace us. The wagon will most likely have the same three engine options as the current sedan, but we will be sure to keep you posted on any new information. That being said, imagine a 550-horsepower Porsche wagon…
The new Land Rover Defender will likely be loaded to the gills with technology to make it the ultimate off-roader. Unlike the former Defender (R.I.P.), the new Defender will use JLR’s latest technology to honor its namesake on the trails. According to Land Rover, the Defender will start at $43,000 but we are sure it will it will come close to doubling that price tag at top trim.
Under Armour and JBL speakers have teamed up to make Bluetooth earbuds that crank out your favorite workout songs while simultaneously measuring your in-ear heart rate. Capable of syncing with Under Armour’s new record app, the earbuds can keep track of your workouts for up to 8 hours at a time.
Tesla has made solar panels that actually look like shingles for your house. Soon the days of having space-age-looking plates on your roof will be gone, and you will be able to harvest the sun will keeping your home looking quaint. The harvested energy can then be stored in Tesla's home batteries for later use.
Have you ever felt tired while driving and had to pull over for a quick nap? I assume most of you have done a few long hauls, so that answer is probably yes. Fortunately, you don’t have to try and fall asleep in your seat anymore thanks to the Eno Roadie Car Stand. This mobile hammock uses the natural anchoring points of your car’s tires to keep the hammock stable and you well-rested. For $200, you can always be an off-ramp away from nap time.
Carrying all your fly-fishing equipment is a pain, but you don’t have to make it harder than it already is. Invest in a Wetfly Waterproof Sling Pack. With various waterproof pockets, you can keep all the spare gear you need to keep you on the water all day. Plus, it's currently 55 percent off.
- RELATEDMid-Ohio Is Old-School, Gnarly—And Insanely RewardingAmerica's best-kept secret for amateur racing.READ NOW
- RELATEDLapo Elkann’s Alfa Romeo 4C Hokusai On Sale for $199,000 in MiamiThe first Garage Italia car to be sold in the U.S. is expected to go quickly.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevy Whips Up a Pair of Badass Drag Racing Camaros A new COPO car for annihilating drag strips now—and a development car to help create the racing Camaros of tomorrow.READ NOW
- RELATEDReport Claims the Next Land Rover Defender Will Be Packed With Off-Road TechThe Defender may go from barebones SUV to high-tech off-roader.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 31st, 2016: Elon Musk Reveals His Solar Roof TilesNew type of solar panels could be the key to Tesla's home-charging plans.READ NOW