Hennessey Builds a 6×6 Raptor and the F-150 Gets Better MPG: The Evening Rush
Plus, Yeti Coolers now come in green and the L.L. Bean Boot is back in season.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Ford’s flagship pickup, the F-150, has always been a fan favorite—but not an environmentalist one. With fuel economy figures frequently in the low teens, the F-150 often found itself at the gas station. Although the 2017 F-150 is no Prius, the new 10-speed transmission helps it yield 17 miles per gallon city and 23 mpg highway for the four-wheel-drive version. As a result, the combined observed mpg rises 2 mpg, to 20 mpg overall.
Spy shots of the next generation 2018 Volvo XC60 have leaked, and although the vehicle is heavily camouflaged, it's nice to see Volvo introducing a new generation of the popular SUV. Although we don’t know the power numbers for the new XC60, expect them to be similar to (or maybe a little less) than the current XC90. The XC60 should debut late 2017.
Hennessey Performance has always done a fantastic job turning already-aggressive vehicles into insane street or off-road monsters. Hennessey is now offering a package that turns a 2017 Ford Raptor into a 600-hp 6x6. Essentially, the American version of the Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6x6. The massive machine costs $295,000—$200,000 cheaper than the Mercedes.
Time to finally dive into the VR world with Google’s Day Dream VR headset. By holding your phone, the Day Dream VR will quickly immerses you in whatever you want to virtually live through
Nike has finally created the iconic sneakers we all came to love from Back To The Future II. Although they may not be for sale, you can win a pair by purchasing tickets. But the best part of this whole deal is that 100 percent of the proceeds go to the Michael J. Fox Foundation, to help find a cure for Parkinson’s disease.
Yeti products have proven themselves able to stand the test of time; however, they stick out like a sore thumb, until now. Yeti has since expanded their Hopper line to include green and other earthy colors for hunters and outdoor adventurers. Still maintaining the same level of quality, the new products will be the perfect addition to your weekend gear.
Each year the L.L.Bean Boot goes out of sale before the holiday season and people are left without the New England staple. The Drive won’t stand for such injustice, so we're warning you ahead of time. Order your waterproof winter boot before it is too late.
- RELATEDThe Dodge Durango R/T Is Ruggedly Individual, For Better or WorseA family station wagon with a tough-sounding name, the Durango offers size and power, but a vague sense of purpose.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Sebastian Vettel Drift the Ferrari LaFerrari ApertaIf that headline isn't enough to convince you to click this link, you're beyond help.READ NOW
- RELATEDHennessey's VelociRaptor 6X6 Is a 600-Horsepower, 6-Wheel-Drive BeastIt's like a G63 6x6 for people on a budget. (Well, a "budget.")READ NOW
- RELATEDChina Wants to Build a Giant Space Plane for TouristsSingle-stage rocket could carry 20 people 80 miles into the sky.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: The Grand Tour's Opening Scene Could Be the Priciest in TV HistoryA $3 million extravaganza to launch the next stage of Clarkson & Co.'s careers.READ NOW