The Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta Makes its Film Debut and a VW Engineer Is Found Guilty in Diesel Scandal: The Evening Rush
Plus, a proper outdoor knife from Opinel and small-batch brews from Urban Family Brewing.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
VW engineer James Robert Liang is now facing charges involving defrauding the U.S. government, committing wire fraud, and violating the Clean Air Act (stretches collar nervously). According to reports, Ol’ Jim Bob may face up to five years in prison.
Video of the Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta has debuted ahead of the Paris Auto Show, and man does this thing look mean. The new topless Ferrari will still utilize a 6.3L V-8 pumping out a ridiculous 950 hp. Expect the live debut of the LaFerrari Aperta to take place on September 29th at the Paris Auto Show.
Could a car be so good that it ruins all other cars for you? Well our very own Will Sabel Courtney seems to think so regarding the Singer Porsche 911. With a $500,000 sticker, we better hope so.
If you have a fairly ridiculous amount of expendable income and are a fan of writing in the outdoors, a Best Made Co Field Desk may be right for you. Handcrafted out of wood with metal corner guards and leather handles, this piece of art should be handed down for generations.
Opinel has made fine knives for over a century, so when we saw they were honing their skills with adventure knives, we had to see for ourselves. Their latest creation, a 4-inch folding knife (NO12) made of 12C27 steel, is the perfect thing for your weekend explorations.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Urban Family Brewing in Seattle, Washington. Specializing in small batch beers inspired from French and Belgian Farmhouse Ales, this small brewery does a great job of using local ingredients to make a solid beer. If you find yourself in the area, we suggest you try Magnolia Redux.
As the seasons begin to change, so does your wardrobe. However, like the seasons, wardrobes are cyclical, so don’t be a fool and miss out on Patagonia’s large sale on lightweight button downs.
- RELATEDDriving a $500,000 Singer-Customized Porsche 911 Ruins Every Other CarWe take one of the world's most incredible vehicles out for a spin.READ NOW
- RELATEDMaking Night Moves With the 2017 Mercedes-AMG C63SBy the light of the moon, a torrid affair with the Mercedes baby brawler.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevy Corvette Among 4 Million GM Vehicles Recalled for Software DefectThe airbag-related issue has been tied to one death so far.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Packs 462 HP of Gas-Electric GoodnessEfficiency and performance, in equal measure.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the 505-HP Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Set a Nurburgring Record7:32 is now the four-door 'Ring time to beat.READ NOW