Hennessey Cranks Up the Focus RS and the Transformers 5 Fleet Makes Its Debut: The Evening Rush
Plus, Rogue Fitness wants you to squat more and The Grrowler wants to keep your dog hydrated.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
The Ford Focus RS was already a ridiculous car. Honestly, anything with over 300hp in a compact hatchback is great, but 400hp in a Ford Focus RS is just insane (in a good way). The masters at Hennessey Performance have figured out a way to squeeze 400hp out of a 2.3L four-cylinder for $4,995.
Transformers 5 is in production and we have video of the Transformers fleet. From Bumblebee to Barricade, you are able to see some heavily modified sports cars (and a whole lot of product placement). Some of the cars you will see are an AMG GT R, Chevy Camaro, Ford Mustang and even a Western Star.
Slow clap for Adam Carolla, as he just purchased Paul Newman’s iconic Porsche 935 for a whopping $4.4 million. He made the purchase last week at Monterey’s Car Week. This was the very car Newman drove in the 1979 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Keep your dog hydrated with a collar that turns into a bowl. Made of thick canvas, the collar is durable enough to withstand your dog’s activities and still hold water. Learn more about The Grrowler at rmuoutdoors.com.
Motorcycle gloves can be the simplest things in the world. However, when you look at the more simple versions, they are often able to serve a dual purpose, like doubling as driving gloves. With that in mind, I think the Lee Parks Design DeerTours Tan gloves are a perfect solution to all your driving/riding needs.
Today’s beer pick takes us to 3 Floyds Brewing Company in Munster, Indiana. Founded in 1996, this adventurous brewery has churned out some pretty interesting beers. Although it may be hard to get your hands on a bottle, it is well worth your trouble.
If you are looking to expand your home gym, consider the Rogue SM-1 Monster Squat Stand 2.0. For only $360, you will definitely get your money’s worth.
- RELATEDThe 2017 Jaguar XE Is a Make-or-Break Car for the BrandPlayful and well-bred British kitty seeks shelter. Will America open its heart?READ NOW
- RELATEDWhat the Hell Is With Huge Truck Grilles and Bulging Hoods?Perhaps American men have lost confidence in their own masculinity?READ NOW
- RELATEDLuxury Carmakers and Luxury Hotel Chains Are Teaming UpForget fancy shampoo—the latest high-end hotel amenity is a Rolls-Royce, BMW, or Cadillac.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Let a Dying Man Cut the Line for a Model SMight want to make sure you have the Kleenex close by for this one.READ NOW
- RELATEDAdam Carolla Buys Paul Newman’s Porsche 935 for $4.4 MillionNewman famously drove the 1979 race car to a class win at Le Mans.READ NOW