Tesla Releases the 100Kwh Battery and the Mazda RX-9 May Have 400 Horsepower: The Evening Rush
Plus, spoil your dog with the MKD9 Dog Haus and enjoy a pint from Monkish Brewing Company.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Tesla has announced the release of their new 100 Kwh battery. The new battery will allow the Model S to rip to 60mph in just 2.5 seconds, plus lend the vehicle an extended range of 315 miles. If you want your Model S to come ludicrously equipped, be prepared to spend $134,500.
According the good ol’ rumor mill, the Mazda RX-9 may pack 400hp from a 1.6L turbocharged four-cylinder. In addition, the sporty coupe could weigh as little as 2,900 lbs.
Images of Volkswagen’s 3-row SUV have leaked and it appears to look like a beefed up Touareg. According to badging, the SUV will come with an optional 3.6L V-6 as well as a four-cylinder and hybrid option. The interior looks similar to the CrossBlue concept seen in 2013.
If you enjoy architecture and dogs, you may want to look into the MKD9 Dog Haus. Made of Brazilian Teak, concrete, steel and a few other fancy materials, this luxe dog house allows your dog can live the lap of luxury. Full disclosure: the house costs more than several month’s rent (for humans).
You definitely don't know the names of every freshwater fish in America. Fortunately, Pop Chart Lab is here to help with a comprehensive poster of over 900 freshwater fish currently swimming about the USA.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Monkish Brewing Company in Torrance, California. Cranking out some solid beers and cans, Monkish has done a great job of getting recognized as an awesome brewery with adventurous beers.
Mammut has always made solid headlamps to help us find our to the outhouse; now, they're on sale. Steep & Cheap is currently selling Mammut T-Trail headlamps for 50 percent off.
- RELATEDThe Wild Story of America’s Last Winning Formula 1 CarForty year ago, Team Penske won the Austrian GP. What did they do right?READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Ford Super Duty Is a Stump-Ripping MonsterFord's new Super Duty trucks are everything you need, and much, much more.READ NOW
- RELATEDSummertime In Brooklyn Means (Non-Hipster) Car Shows“Eyoh! That Bel Air is byooteeful!” Time to show it off at Floyd Bennett field.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Volvo's "Iron Knight" Break Two Truck World Speed RecordsVolvo claims the custom big rig is the world's fastest semi.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Fiat 124 Spider May Gain a Coupe Sibling Next YearAnd we're not talking a folding-targa roof like the Miata has, either.READ NOW