Mercedes-Benz Tries Wireless Charging and a Jeep Allegedly Claims an Actor’s Life: The Evening Rush
Plus, a virtual personal trainer and summer brews from Kelso Brewing Co.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Mercedes-Benz will be debuting a wireless charging option on their 2018 S550e. According to reports, the charger will run at a rate of 3.6 Kilowatts—not necessarily faster than the corded option, but more convenient.
In order for Volkswagen to follow their Together-Strategy 2025 initiative, it plans to cut 40 models from a 340 model portfolio. In addition to slimming the line-up, Volkswagen plans to spread 30 new electric vehicles throughout the brand.
Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin’s death may have been caused by a faulty Jeep Grand Cherokee gear shifter. According to reports, the car pinned the actor between the rear bumper and a wall, causing fatal injuries. When the actor was found, the vehicle was still running and in neutral.
Want a personal trainer but can’t afford the $100/hr rate? No worries, just purchase a Vi, an artificial intelligence personal trainer built into Harman/Kardon earphones. Closely monitoring your heart rate, and tracking your workouts, Vi coaches you from slender to as bulky as you please.
Stop searching fruitlessly in the dark of your garage and buy this compact tool pen by Mininch. Housing 10 bits, this little pen is perfect for everyday tasks.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Kelso Brewing Company in Brooklyn, New York. With a goal to brew flavorful and sessionable beers, KelSo has found their niche around warm weather activities. If you are able to pick up a pint, we recommend the Carrollgaarden Wit.
With summer officially starting today, we felt it was our duty to present you with an affordable folding chair you can bring with you on your next adventure. Do your wallet a favor and pick up an ALPS Mountaineering Big C.A.T. Camping Chair for an impressive 58% off.
- RELATEDFord Shelby Mustang GT350 Quick ReviewEight thousand screaming reasons to never stop moving.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW X1 Quick ReviewCritic's Notebook takeaway: bigger, better, more crossover-y.READ NOW
- RELATEDPreston Tucker Was Last Century’s Elon MuskA new biography shows profound similarities between the two men.READ NOW
- RELATEDMaserati Could Build a Tesla-Fighting Sports Car, Sergio Marchionne SaysAn electrified version of the Alfieri might arrive—but not until at least 2019.READ NOW
- RELATEDLocal Motors and IBM Team Up to Build a 3-D Printed, Self-Driving BusThanks to IBM's Watson, it's smart enough to drive itself and whup your butt at Jeopardy! simultaneously.READ NOW