11-year-old in Lamborghini Huracan Smokes Man in Corvette
The children are our future and that future is fast.
No matter how cute it is to see some towheaded toddler peeking out from behind the wheel of a sports car, we should all agree that letting children drive 600-horsepower Lamborghinis is a poor idea. Considering the rate at which adults wrap bits of Sant'Agata Bolognese sheet metal around palm trees and telephone poles, allowing a person in light-up sneakers access to the accelerator is a recipe for certain tragedy. But what if the kid is 11 years old, and with his dad, and driving on a drag strip against a man in a C7 Corvette? And what if the kid wins?
We're sold. In an Instagram posted by Corsa Performance, a customizing shop in Atlanta, Georgia, specializing in wraps, an 11-year old boy looking like nothing so much as a young Bieber fires up the 610-horsepower V-10 of a Lamborghini Huracan, flashes a casual "peace" at the camera man, and proceeds to blast down the drag strip, handing the C7 Corvette and its post-pubescent owner a loss. (To be fair, the Lamborghini costs six times as much as the 'Vette.) This can't be his first run: even among super cars, the Huracan is known for particularly savage power delivery, so a driver adjusted more to Fisher Price Power Wheels-levels of thrust surely wouldn't be able to keep the accelerator pinned for long.
Following this video, The Drive has officially changed our position on 11 year-olds driving Lamborghinis. If done with this much panache, and on a closed course under the supervision of a parent, we are 100% percent in favor of children in supercars. Just, now, watch that they don't come away with attendant egos. [EDIT: Only if the child-drivers are wearing seatbelts, as is ambiguously the case, here. Good Lord.]
- RELATEDThe World's Slowest Motorcycle Drag Race Is Also the BestReal-Life Ricky Bobby. We're guessing they didn't kiss afterwards.READ NOW
- RELATEDWeather Cancels Drag Race, But Not How You ThinkThis blows.READ NOW
- RELATEDNHRA Drag Racing in Super Slow-Mo is Borderline PornographicSometimes fast looks better slow.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Motorcycle Drag Racer's Night Went Very Wrong, Very FastBike and rider went flying down the track—but not in the usual way.READ NOW
- RELATEDBehold, the World’s Most Beautiful Lamborghini CountachAnd to think such art never even sold.READ NOW