Mitsubishi Motors Plans to Unveil Eclipse Cross at 2017 Geneva Motor Show
The Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross compact SUV will sit between the Outlander Sport and Outlander
Mitsubishi has announced their plans to unveil a new crossover SUV at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. With sleek lines and a shield-like front end, Mitsubishi is emphasizing the car’s safety features as well as its athletic design.
The new crossover will sit in between the current Outlander Sport and Outlander SUV and will reportedly have a four-cylinder engine. According to the Mitsubishi press release, the Eclipse Cross will be powered by a 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that will be coupled to a CVT transmission. Unfortunately, Mitsubishi hasn't released power figures yet, but we expect to hear more about the Eclipse Cross’s performance in the coming weeks. In order to keep up with the current crossover market, the Eclipse Cross will utilize automatic four-wheel-drive that diverts power where needed using Mitsubishi Motors' hilariously named Super All-Wheel Control.
The Eclipse Cross also comes equipped with Apple CarPlay, LED headlights and taillights, heads up display, panoramic sunroof, and plenty of other luxury features. Mitsubishi intends to have the Eclipse Cross hit the showrooms in early 2018.
- RELATEDThe Mitsubishi Eclipse Is Returning…As an SUV Named Eclipse CrossMitsubishi trades the compact sport coupe set for crossover buyers who like Yacht Rock-inspired names.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Crossover is The Mitsubishi Eclipse ReincarnateA head-scratching announcement from the reinvented automaker.READ NOW
- RELATEDMitsubishi Releases Video Celebrating 100 YearsThis year marks a century for one of Japan's oldest manufacturers.READ NOW
- RELATEDNissan Takes Control of Mitsubishi in $2 Billion DealRenault-Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn becomes chairman of the smaller carmaker.READ NOW
- RELATEDAmerica’s Final Mitsubishi Evo Is Up for Sale On eBay Right NowThe auction proceeds will go to California food bank charities.READ NOW