The Lexani Cadillac Escalade Is a Flightless Jet
Aeronautical details bring flash, but not flight, like an emu's wings.
Though we're sure they wouldn't cop to it, many of the world's tackiest custom coach builders must have Liberace posters on the walls of their workshops, with the man's famous quip, "Too much of a good thing is wonderful," written above a pompadour in silvery script. How else to explain gilded disco balls like the latest project from Lexani Motorcars, a Cadillac Escalade with an interior done up in quilted white leather and gold leaf?
According to the company, the so-called Sky Captain was influenced by both "planes" and "pianos." (We imagine an earlier vision board may have included "chandeliers," "champagne," "caviar," "AK-47s," "signet rings," and "seal blubber hand cream.") The jet apparently leant the idea for captain's chairs and fold-down tray tables, while the piano lends its mirror-finish black trim. In the back, the white quilted-leather seats have heating and massage functions and are placed just behind a curving, 48-inch Samsung screen, for watching footage of your last whale hunting excursion or night club brawl. In a pinch, two jump seats fold down, Land Rover Discovery-style, for smaller children, larger dogs or lesser henchmen.
Speaking of nefarious activities, the Sky Captain, My Captain can also be equipped with up to B7-levels of ballistic armor, so that no one will be able to penetrate the skin of this, your whale, trimmed in gold.
- RELATEDCadillac CEO Sounds Off About Next EscaladeIt’ll still be body-on-frame, but Cadillac wants Euro-levels of soft luxe. Can you really have both?READ NOW
- RELATEDCritics’ Notebook: 2016 Cadillac Escalade PlatinumA fleet vehicle with surprisingly fleet feet and sweet seats.READ NOW
- RELATEDHey Guy, Buy Tony Soprano’s Escalade, or ElseA little birdie told us Boston-based RR Auction had Tony’s SUV on the block.READ NOW
- RELATEDSkyacht One Is an $83 Million Escalade of the SkiesThis mahogany, gold and leather-lined jumbo might be the most luxurious jet in the world.READ NOW
- RELATEDSupercharged 805-hp Cadillac Escalade Makes All the NoisesAnother from Hennessey Performance—this one a bit bigger than usual, but just as loud.READ NOW