A V-8 Jaguar F-Pace and the Production Alfa Romeo Giulia: Evening Rush
Plus, a tiny touchscreen projector and farmhouse ales from Transmitter Brewing.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Jaguar means business with the upcoming F-Pace SVR. According to reports, Jaguar intends to install its honking supercharged V-8 into in the lithe F-Pace to compete with the high-performance trucks from BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz. Considering it makes 575hp in the F-Type SVR, things should be brisk.
Alfa Romeo has finally started production of their much-anticipated Giulia. The sports sedan will come in several trims, from a tame 276hp four-cylinder up to the bonkers 505hp V-6 found in the fire-breathing Quadrifoglio.
The 2017 Chevy Camaro SS 50th Anniversary edition will be taking center stage this year at the Indianapolis 500 as the official pace car, driven by no less than racing icon Roger Penske.
Smartboards can be found in classrooms and offices all around the world—they're helpful, if cumbersome. Now, a company called TouchJet has released the Touchjet Pond Projector Wifi Android 4.4 Multimedia Smart Touchscreen. The only thing large about this projector is its name—at 3lbs, this powerful touchscreen projector will display an 80 inch image on just about any surface.
Gardens are beautiful; garden maintenance is hard. That is, without the Edyn Smart Garden System. This solar powered gadget closely monitors the soil, atmosphere and sun in order to give you real-time analytics on your garden’s health. Now, maybe green thumbs can be bought.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Transmitter Brewing in Queens, New York. Transmitter Brewing started in 2005, focusing their attention on brewing of farmhouse ales. It might be the only "farmhouse" in Queens.
Are you in the market for a lightweight, 2 person tent? Well save a few bucks by going to REI.com and picking up an Evrgrn Starry Night 2P Tent for 59% off. The Evrgrn has a massive mesh top so you can enjoy the night sky as you fall asleep.
- RELATEDThe Mustang GT350R Is a Screaming Exotic at Muscle Car PricesYou can't buy much supercar for $63,500, but you can buy a helluva lot of Mustang.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord Bought a Tesla Model X for a $55,000 Mark-UpHey, that's the price of competition.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 7 Best Customized Celebrity VehiclesFeast your eyes on these bespoke beauties.READ NOW
- RELATEDTransforming a Volkswagen Into a 740 Horsepower Guided MissileDriving An HPA-Tuned Volkswagen Golf R That Thinks It's GodzillaREAD NOW
- RELATEDThis Wireless Charging System Could End Electric Car Range AnxietyTests of wireless charging and electrified highways are successfully under way.READ NOW