The Evening Rush for Jan. 25, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
A quicker Mercedes-AMG GT was spotted undergoing testing in the snow this past week in Sweden. The test mule features new air intakes, rear diffuser, lower ride height and a huge spoiler. The coupe, which is rumored to be called the GT R or GT3, is expected to crank out approximately 550 horsepower.
Hendrick Dynamics and the U.S. Army are flirting with the idea of bringing Jeeps back into the battlefield as a lightweight, unarmed vehicle. The hope is that these vehicles would be easier and less expensive to transport around the hot zone.
German tuner Brabus is back at it again, this time torquing the Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG 4Matic to a robust 405 hp. Now the 3-liter twin-turbo V-6 launches the sedan to 62 mph in an estimated 4.6 seconds.
Drones may be fascinating, but their size means they can often get in their own way. Instead of lugging around a massive housing unit, downsize to the Code Black Drone with an HD camera. Roughly the size of your palm, this $75 investment is perfect for small-scale shoots.
Dive into an affordable virtual reality with Google Cardboard. Using a recyclable cardboard housing and an iPhone, you can view, create and share your own virtual reality.
Belts: Go for it. Instead of staying in your comfort zone with the standard brown belt, be the talk of the water cooler—in a good way—with a Smathers & Branson vintage Formula 1-inspired needlepoint belt.
Bulleit Whiskey has really come into its own over the past few years, and what better way to get to know the brand than to visit its distillery in Louisville, Ky. With an array of whiskeys and scheduled tours, the distillery makes as good a buddy-tour destination as any place in Bluegrass Country.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Jan. 22, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDRussian Superyacht Is Super ToastTowering flames and smoke caught on camera in Turkey.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Barn Finds Are ComingDusty, dirty, decrepit and downright wonderful.READ NOW
- RELATEDEngines and Snow Are Made for Each OtherThe oddball contraptions that make winter worth it.READ NOW
- RELATEDBernie Ecclestone Won’t Mess With TexasFormula 1 boss talks to The Drive about Austin GP’s hopes for future.READ NOW