Ford Fiesta ST, Focus ST and RS Buyers Younger, Wealthier Than Other Fiesta, Focus Owners
A new study finds people who buy the performance hatchbacks tend to make nearly twice as much as those who choose the regular models.
Ford's performance cars are attracting younger and wealthier buyers than its normal cars, according to a press release from the automaker released Tuesday.
The cars in question—Fiesta and Focus STs and the Focus RS—attract buyers who have around 70 percent higher incomes than those who buy the normal cars, according to a study from MaritzCX shared via Ford. To put that into more relatable numbers, the normal Fiesta's average buyer has an income of $59,000—while the ST's buyer rakes in $102,000. That's a massive jump. For the Focus ST and RS, it's $63,000 to $108,000 and $169,000.
And there's a serious age gap as well. With the Fiesta ST, the average buyer is 35 years old, while the average buyer of a normal Fiesta is 45. With the Focus, the average RS buyer is 41 and ST buyer is 36; the average normal Focus buyer is 46.
“With repeat customers making up around half of industry sales, capturing younger buyers while they still have many vehicle purchases remaining in their lives is good for business,” said Ford marketing manager Corey Holter in a press release.
According to Ford, not only are younger people attracted to those cars, but more people in general are flocking to them. In the first quarter of 2017, Ford's sport car sales overall rose 45 percent.
- RELATEDEmergency Declared After Tunnel Full Of Nuclear Waste Collapses At Hanford (Updated)The situation at the highly contaminated site remains murky, but federal assets are likely to respond, which could include a unique radiation-sniffing helicopter.READ NOW
- RELATEDEscaped Zebra in Florida Hits Ford F-150 During Dash for FreedomMeanwhile, in Florida.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord Lays Off 130 Hourly Employees Due to Decreasing F-650, F-750 DemandThe employees could get up to 75 percent pay while they are off the clock.READ NOW
- RELATEDA 1970 AWD Ford Mustang Convertible is the Latest Incredible Barn FindOne of the world's rarest Mustangs has just come out of hiding.READ NOW
- RELATEDBarrett-Jackson to Auction Rare 1966 Shelby GT350-H Ford MustangNow you can own the famous Rent-A-Racer.READ NOW