Ducati Celebrates 25 Years of the Monster With Parade in France
The bike that kicked off the naked bike phenomenon is getting the recognition it deserves.
In 1993, Ducati started something of a revolution in motorcycles. It launched the Ducati Monster which kicked off the naked motorcycle craze that’s still spreading throughout the industry today, a quarter-century later.
Ducati is proudly celebrating 25 years of the Monster with a parade dedicated to the naked bike. It’s taking place on the Paul Ricard circuit in La Castellet, France near the southern coast during the Sunday Ride Classic on March 24. The Monster rally is open to anybody who rides a Monster, but nobody who doesn’t.
A ticket for one rider starts at 20 euros ($25) or if you want to bring a passenger the price doubles to 40 euros ($49). Tickets include access to the event, a parking space for your monster, two laps around the track, and a special Monster 25th-anniversary t-shirt (your passenger gets one too if you bring one). If you want to go, you can register here.
But what about a U.S. celebration? "We are planning something with the Monster around Quail," said a Ducati representative in an email to The Drive. "The goal is to be very Monster focused in celebration of our 25 years." The Quail Motorcycle Gathering is an annual event that celebrates the past, present, and future of motorcycling at the Quail Lodge & Gold Club in Carmel, CA. This year, it's happening on Saturday, May 5.
The Ducati Monster is a bike worth celebrating and it’s good to see it get the recognition it deserves.
- RELATEDThe 150-Horsepower Ducati Monster 1200 S Is Elegant ExcessDucati’s naked bike is muscled up and trimmed down for 2017.READ NOW
- RELATEDSix New Ducatis Will Make Their American Debut at the Long Beach Motorcycle ShowThis will be a fine display of how diverse the Ducati brand has become.READ NOW
- RELATEDDucati Sales Grow for the Eighth Year in a RowDucati had a strong 2017 and it's already shaping up to have a great 2018.READ NOW
- RELATEDDucati World Theme Park Is Coming to ItalyTime to start talking the family out of Disney World.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Ducati Panigale V4 Is an Italian Fighter Jet on Two WheelsIt's here, the Ducati Panigale V4. This past weekend in Milan you could hear every Ducatisti around the world lose their collective minds when the cover came off this bike.READ NOW