The Bugatti Chiron Capable of 268mph and the Mid-Engined Corvette Is Officially a Thing: The Evening Rush
Plus, ProDrone makes a drone with arms and Best Made Co. has a corduroy button down.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Finally. Spy shots of the 2019 mid-engined Corvette have leaked. Although the vehicle appears heavily camouflaged, we can easily see a change in structure and other hints of a mid-mounted engine. It's still unclear whether the new ‘Vette will use a turbo or supercharged V-6 or V-8 but we're sure any configuration will prove to be supremely quick.
According to the Bugatti engineering boss, the Chiron is capable of hitting 285 mph with the speed limiter removed. Bugatti plans on switching that governor off when setting the land speed record in 2018. While the limiter is set to 261mph – for safety's sake – Bugatti will remove it for any buyer who asks. Either way, owners will still have a 1,480-hp car that'll tear to 62 mph in 2.5 seconds.
UPDATE: According to JMPR Public Relations, Bugatti does not plan on removing the governor for customers at any point and is only speculating the top speed of 285 at this time.
The 2017 Chevy Bolt EV is coming out swinging with an impressive range of 238 miles. That is a noticeable leap over the expected 215 mile range of the Tesla Model 3. The Chevy Bolt EV will pump out 200-hp and 266 lb-ft of torque.
Although a drone with arms is a terrifying concept, it can also be helpful. The team over at ProDrone have invented a drone capable of picking up 22lbs and cutting wires at altitudes of over 5,000 feet.
Nixon has come out with an ultra-durable surf and snowboard watch called MISSION. With an impact proof and waterproof housing, this smart watch will be your lifeline and data center as you go on your next adventure.
Embrace your inner outdoorsman with a corduroy button down that screams, “I am all that is man!” The Best Made Co. Corduroy Overshirt, equipped with double-stitching, elbow patches and button-flap breast pockets, is perfect for fall and winter.
In the market for a lightweight, waterproof jacket? The Arc’teryx Beta AR jacket is your go-to garment. At 40% off, you will happily cruise into the fall weather while staying warm and dry.
- RELATEDNew Bugatti Chiron Hypercar Confirmed, Spotted in ItalyHope for Volkswagen, and our best look yet at the Veyron’s successor yet.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Saudi Prince Bought the First Bugatti Chiron and the Vision Gran TurismoIn case you need another reason to be jealous of royalty.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Bugatti Chiron Might Break Your BrainHorsepower and top speed figures for the Veyron's successor finally drop.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Bugatti Chiron Sounds Heavenly and the Gumball 3000 Loses A Car: The Evening RushPlus, Truu earbuds and a Ball & Buck angler shirt.READ NOW
- RELATEDBugatti Chiron: Serious Supercar, Silly VideoHow not to build buzz for your multimillion-dollar unobtanium.READ NOW