Batman and Superman Replica Leathers Ready for Two-Wheeled Cosplay
Dressing to ride like a comic book character isn’t cheap.
Now that Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice has come and gone, it’s about time you were able to ride your motorcycle in some spendy cosplay gear mimicking those two superheroes. Toronto-based UD Replicas has opened pre-sales for its Batman and Superman DOJ suits, each set of multi-material, full-body leathers featuring detailed build quality and plenty of CE-approved removable armor.
The full Batman suit is made up of a jacket, pants, gloves, boots, and a utility pouch, each piece available for purchase individually. The jacket and pants outer layer is a Lycra stretch skin shaped with an anatomical three dimensional silicone print. That’s laid on top of Grade A cowhide two millimeters thick, and the back of the leather is fused with a fuller muscle structure because, whereas Samson had his supernatural hair, Batman has his impeccable abs. The bat logo on the front of the jacket is form-molded leather. That uncut logo means the jacket zips up in back, so cosplay Bruce Wayne will need an Alfred to put it on. Armor plating fills out the back, forearms, elbows, shoulders, hip sides, knees, and shins, and leather boots with exposed steel toes done up in an antique gold patina shelter your feet. The replica leather gloves have a leather gauntlet and rubber fins and glove knuckles, with anti skid palms. If you go all the way and score the utility pouch – and why wouldn’t you? – six functional leather pockets get real metal facades. None of those pouches appear to be large enough for a grappling hook, though.
The Superman setup is effectively the same construction, colored and molded to look like that friendly neighborhood alien. There are only three pieces to this outfit – jacket, pants, and boots – because who needs all that other gear when you have lasers in your eyes and you can reverse the Earth’s spin?
The entire Batman getup is $1,894, unless you need 3/4XL sizes, which add $100 to the price of the jacket and $51 to the price of the pants. Going full Superman will run you $1,396. Estimated delivery for both suits is between July and September this year, and UD Replicas can only ship to the US; superheroes don’t have the highest respect for national boundaries or personal property, but they take international licensing rights very seriously.
- RELATEDHideous New Batmobile Ruins Epic New Batman v Superman TrailerPlease, for the love of the Penguin, make it stop.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Batmobile Concept Makes the Batman v Superman Version Look TerribleBut let's not lie, Bat-fleck's Batmobile didn't need much help with that.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Batmobile From Tim Burton's Batman Is for Sale in Russia for $1.1 MillionMaybe Bruce Wayne (Vaynsky?) got all that cash from Barents Sea oil wells.READ NOW
- RELATEDPeek Inside Batman’s Garage Using Google Street ViewTools! Batmobile!READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Arrested Development Stair Car Had a Cameo in Captain America: Civil WarIt wasn't an illusion, Michael.READ NOW